I don't have a particular catch phrase I live by, more like a principle that I try to remember. This is, that you only live once so squeeze as much out of life as you can. That's why I traveled to Egypt and Australia and plan to do lots more. That's why I am getting a education and trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible. That's why I read constantly. I want to enrich my life and my mind as much as possible. Learning about new things is the best way I've come up with to do that.
Words to Live By - What are Yours?
Don't sweat the small stuff - 99% of life's worries are small stuff.
There's always three sides to every story. His side, her side and the truth.
Think before you speak.
all things are as they must be.
reality is a b!tch but some of her puppies are cute.
everything is perfect until you compare it to something it is not.
Oh well, it could be worse........
Treat other people the way you would want to be treated and hold yourself to the same standards to which you hold others.
There's always more than one way to do things.
You can have anything, but you can't have everything.
Nobody knows better than me what's best for me.
Reality is friendly.
1. Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.
2. Lead, follow, or get the f*** outta the way.
If you are going to play the game, learn the rules of the game and then play to win.
Something I read somewhere stuck with me.
Take No Sh*t, Make No Excuses.
- Don't look at how far you have to go, look at how far you've gone
- I take what I want. If I don't get what I want, I take something else I want.
- (before I got married) Hesitation = masturbation
- I should (insert action ie. cut the grass, go to the store) before I don't.
- I am the most important person in my life
- Other people can only affect your life if you let them.
- If I spend my life waiting for other people, I'm going to grow old and die.
There's probably more, but I can't remember them all at this moment. I have lots, and they really keep me going in life. These "words to live by" have become part of my personality.