Only on the internet.

Where do you live? Shangri-La?...lol

HS

• waiting
    waiting
    yet cruelty abounds - hs

I have only one thing to say.

Only on the internet. - shamus

Been away for awhile - so catching up. But cruelty abounds in the world of humans and animals. It has a lot to do with nature.....even in plants.....the strongest survive.

It's just that on the internet, it's so much easier to be cruel - and not have to pay the consequences.

We are discussing Bill Bowen - and he's done some marvelous work, and he's *just a man* trying like the rest of us. May it go well with him.

But......we are discussing this in the section "Child Abuse"........and speaking as a victim/survivor......"cruelty abounds." Sometimes when I think back, I'm just astounded at my father's actions against children and animals. lol - and he looked & usually acted "so normal."

Cruelty abounds in all places.

waiting

• Brummie
    Brummie

HelloOOo Waiting, I wondered where you had gotten too. Good to see you

x x x

Brummie

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Think about when you left the org and all the feelings and emotions that you went through. I would think that leaving a cult is up there with divorce and death, etc. as far as going through a greiving process. I would imagine Bill went through the steps that are recognized by therapists as part of the ongoing healing process. He wouldn't be human if he didn't experience hurt, anger, sadness, etc. and he may not have made all the right decisions going through the onslaught of these emotions. Going through this in the public eye is especially difficult as he just couldn't take the time off that he needed to heal. I say give him a break and just give Silentlambs time to re-adjust...it has been such a good place to go for so many victims. There will always be a few unhappy dissenters, no matter what.

Who else has stepped forward like he has???

Swalker

• shamus
    shamus

HS,

If cruelty abounds with your friends and neighbours then there is something wrong. I'm sure that it doesn't; if it does, please exlain to me how it does.

I am talking about on-line personalities, not real life personalities. Everyone knows that we are different people when we talk to each other in real life. Message boards do not portray who you really are.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Shamus, is you're local newspaper filled with nothing but kind acts of people? I read my local and realise that many people around me are cruel, even some of those that appeared to be very nice.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Shamus,

The defence of your viewpoint is hard to fathom.

If cruelty abounds with your friends and neighbours then there is something wrong. I'm sure that it doesn't; if it does, please exlain to me how it does.

I am talking about on-line personalities, not real life personalities. Everyone knows that we are different people when we talk to each other in real life. Message boards do not portray who you really are.

So, were you talking about life outside of discussion boards, life within them, or both?

Best regards - HS

• larc
    larc

I spent a week end with Bill. He is not like his stage presence. He is a hyper active alpha male. Today his personal life is in shambles, because he put too much into his cause, his mission. That is a real shame.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Any one who jumps out of one crisis to take on a mission winds up swinging on a pendulum. Most people who are fresh out of a high control group do this at least to some extent. Bill is no different than many others who have worked hard to let the world know about the real Watchtower Society. Others too, have had the wrath of the organization pound on them due to their actions. Bill got more media attention simply because he had a cause that could rally hundreds and thousands of people and get the media to listen.

For that alone he should be thanked by those of us who thought we were alone as WTS sexual abuse victims. He opened Pandora's Box and people listened.

Just never forget that he was not alone in speaking out against the org. Others had their causes and although they may not have gooten the attention that Bill did on a world wide scale they laid the groundwork for many of us getting the information we needed to be free.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Larc,

I spent a week end with Bill. He is not like his stage presence. He is a hyper active alpha male. Today his personal life is in shambles, because he put too much into his cause, his mission. That is a real shame.

Much of the reason that there was such a furor over the whole SL issues a couple of years ago as many might remember, and as can be witnessed from reading posts in the JWD archives, was because some of us with experience in such matters suggested that SL needed to be depersonalized and that responsibilities should be shared with a *properly* instituted and balanced Board as reflected in most 501C3's. There was far too much weight for one man and a heavily emotionally committed group of family and friends to carry. I understand that in recent months, this is being attended to and hopefully all involved will find that this very much helps their way forward. Best regards to you and yours - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit