MY BANK GOT ROBBED

by Dansk 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

I couldn't believe it! Claire and I were driving home when on the radio national news announced our local bank had just been robbed!! One hears of these things, but when it's one's own bank - WOW!

No one got hurt, thankfully. From what I can gather, the manager (or some other bank official with keys) was captured overnight at his home and, this morning, was driven to the bank to open up. I don't know any more details, but talk about being close to home!

Strange thing is, I always wondered if one day the bank would be hit! It's on a corner situation and there are numerous road exits for robbers to escape down. My oh my.

Ian

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

That would be this story then:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,1271,-4507090,00.html

Banker's family in kidnap ordeal

Press Association
    Wednesday September 22, 2004 4:43 PM

A bank manager, his wife and two daughters were kidnapped at gunpoint by armed robbers.

The victims were snatched at their home in Leigh, Lancashire by two armed men. The manager was then forced to open his branch in Manchester at 7.30am this morning.

When four other bank workers arrived for work, all five were locked inside the bank vault. The raiders made off with a "substantial amount" of cash, Greater Manchester Police said.

Police said the family, including the manager's two daughters, aged 12 and 14, are, "severely traumatised".

The victims' terrifying ordeal began when two armed men arrived at their house.

They forced the bank manager to drive the family car to an unknown location, at gunpoint, with his wife and children inside, police said.

Once they reached their destination, they ordered the family into a pale blue Ford Transit van.

The four were then driven in the back of the van for approximately 30 minutes until it came to a stop at a warehouse- style building, again in an unknown area.

The family was left inside the van until approximately 7.30am today when the man was forced to go to the NatWest bank on Bury New Road in Whitefield, Manchester.

At this point, the woman and her two children were taken to Ringley Old Brow in the Stoneclough area of Bolton were they were tied to a lamppost and abandoned.

© Copyright Press Association Ltd 2004, All Rights Reserved.

What a deeply unpleasant crime. Thank goodness no-one was badly hurt.

• Dansk
    Dansk

FE203Girl,

Thanks for the information! Yes, that's the one. Amazing! Little old Whitefield town in the news!

Love,

Ian

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow Ian that is scary when it hits your neighborhood for sure!

It happened here last year at the bank we go to, I pulled up to park when the police *I wondered why there were so many police* told me to drive on. I went to the bank the next day and the police were crawling all over the inside of the bank and the teller told me it was robbed the day before.

Take care Ian!

Kate

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Yikes !

bank manager, his wife and two daughters were kidnapped at gunpoint by armed robbers.

I thought guns were outlawed in Great Britain.... or is it that they are outlawed for the law abiding citizens and only outlaws have guns?

• Undecided
    Undecided

The bank was robbed right beside the bowling alley where my brother and I bowl on Mondays. It happens very often here in NC.

Ken P.

• Princess
    Princess

I'm glad they weren't hurt but it is so sad the two young daughters were taken as well.

It's far to common around here. I do everything I can to avoid taking my kids inside the bank. I try to do all my banking at the drive up window and while they are in school.

Rachel

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Love,

ESTEE

• jwbot
    jwbot

Hey....wasn't that method from a movie? Bandits? Anyway it was a funny movie...

There is a Big Apple convenience store around here that gets robbed on a monthy basis. Oh and its 2 buildings down from the police station.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    At this point, the woman and her two children were taken to Ringley Old Brow in the Stoneclough area of Bolton were they were tied to a lamppost and abandoned.

Holy Cow, Ian! My heart goes out to the women and children left tied to a lamppost! I can't imagine..........this would have terrified me beyond measure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit