Born in apostasy?

by woodforde 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TD
    TD

Comments from 64 years ago are interesting in a morbid sort of way, but medical ethics; the law and even the JW blood doctrine itself have evolved since then.

If a young child (Not a "Mature Minor") needs a preparation or procedure forbidden by the JW's today, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that there will be a court order.  --Real quick...

• zeb
    zeb
    Minutae indeed but the sort of micron stuff the gb in its Pharasee like legalistic thinking would ponder and worse.. make some ruling on. (Only to change their minds a time later)
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Who knows how they would regard that situation if it was real.

I was told that the fact I had fractions as a toddler (before becoming a dub), made me "damaged goods like a rape victim" and I would probably never be so fortunate as to find a bro willing to marry me. The issue would be compounded if I ever had fractions forced upon me.

Both of those situations were involuntary, and my spiritual and social status as a jw was lessened.

• TD
    TD

Who knows how they would regard that situation if it was real.

The scenario proposed doesn't work, but here's one that probably does:

1. Emergency Cesarean section at 36 weeks gestation for Rh isoimmunization.
    2. Exchange transfusion administered immediately. --All the baby's blood is replaced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit