Kent, Do you have reason for resentment?

by Spartacus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Roamingfeline, you've been to Bastrop cool. My family live in area in Bastrop called Cedar Creek which is on our homestead. I have to say that race relations have come a long way from the days of my parents and grand parents. USA is a still a young country, with the progress we Americans have made regarding race relations is a source of encouragement. I know my daughters will grow up in a better America than I did because their generation are a generation away from those who were directly impacted by racism. They wont have the passion and resentment of my generation who saw the impact segregaton and discrimination had on our kinfolk, our people. Of course my daughters will hear about it but it's not the same as growing up with those who were directly affected.

Perhaps one day your Dad will see where he is wrong, perhaps not. As the generations who came of age during the early 1900 to the 1960's die out hopefully their views regarding race will die with them leaving as little a legacy possible.

Take care, Spartacus

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

AGuest thanks for your kind reply. I can see where you coming from as far as how you view racist attacks which you lump with any attack with malice. I think that is a virtue.

As far as Emmyrose is concerned I've been there and done what she did on this board. She tried to defend the African American position and speak from her heart but discussion of race relations in America is such a passionate issue it is easy to be carried away. Ask ROS about how I got out of hand, I guess I kinda freaked out in her Velvet chat room, I was so mad I left shortly after my 2 week outburst. And I regret I handled myself the way I did. Oh well such as life. My heart pounded as I read some of the posts regarding race and Black issues on this board. I started a few posts to defend but I knew I was composing with anger, which would not be productive. I am here to make friends not offend. I think Emmyrose will probably look back on this and have some regrets, oh well we all have them we are just humans.

YK is actually an OK guy. I’ve said some bad things about him a few years ago that was not necessary. He is just one who will stick by the WTS until his day is done however that may come, in his view that day will roll over into forever. I think people can sense that he is not as uncaring as he comes off, he just loves to get a rise out of us and he loves to argue and defend his precious WTS. He could make a great lawyer. He shares some common character traits with many on this board.

Thanks for your kind words regarding my character perhaps one day I’ll embrace Christ again as you have but don’t count on it I’m a long way from that.

Take care, Spartacus

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Thanks Marilyn for calling me smart, LOL. No really, I know Kent is a good guy and I respect his efforts. I know if we were to hang out we would have a great time. His web site is one of my favorites.

Take care, Spartacus

• orbison
    orbison

something i dont understand,,i am 45, white , female, canadian
    i can understand the rascism of blacks against whites, for the suppresion, but not the whites against blacks, maybe the canadian upbringing

just my $0.02

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Obison, Clearly you haven't read The Sneetches, by Dr. Seuss I'll quote you some. "Now the Star-Belly Sneetches Had bellies with stars. The Plain-Belly Sneetches Had none upon thars. Those stars weren't so big. They were really so small You might think such a thing wouldn't matter at all But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches Would brag, "We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches." With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort "We'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!" And whenever they met some, when they were out walking, They'd saunter straight past them without even talking When the Star-Belly children went out to play ball, Could a Plain Belly get in the game.......? Not at all. And on it goes.

It seems something basically wrong with our genetic programming or maybe it's something left over from our tribal instincts - that we prefer to group off with people the same as ourselves. Which might be understandable, but even within these groups we find reasons to group off into smaller cliques and be devisive. Go figure!

Marilyn

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Mark Twain, Thomas Pain, Dr. Suess; they all got it.

Do you?

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

SixofNine! I don't got it - but I've a feeling you are gonna tell me!!

Marilyn

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"it" is that crazy swing in their hips when they dance. I'm pretty sure you got it, Marilyn, judging from your post.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Spartacus... may you have peace!

I can absolutely understand your position with regard to embrancing Christ. Please know that I am not trying to 'sell' him to you, or 'convert' you, but only doing what I SHOULD do, which is grant a blessing to all those 'deserving'. Does that mean there are some NOT so deserving? Since the leaders of the WTBTS come to mind, with regard to their responsibility for actually leading folks AWAY from my Lord, and not TO him as they claim... I would have to say 'yes'. I have no 'freedom' to arbitrarily grant such blessing to those who would shut UP the kingdom of the heavens all the while telling folks they are 'the way' in... however, my Father indeed shows mercy to whomever HE wishes to show it. I leave them, individually, therefore, to him.

But you revealed to me your heart... and it made MY heart... and the spirit of my Father that dwells in me by means of my Lord... 'glad'... for which I am grateful. And in return, I had nothing to give YOU, other than what I did, which was a blessing for undeserved kindness, mercy and peace... if you so 'wish' it.

That's it; that's all. Nothing else intended.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• emyrose
    emyrose
    I think Emmyrose will probably look back on this and have some regrets, oh well we all have them we are just humans.

Why should I have any regrets, silly. What? You think I should
    be sorry for defending myself from these vicious morons with no
    sense of justice whatso ever. I made an innocent statement which
    brought on hatetful and slanderous attacks on me. First Aguest called
    me a racist, then Rcat, then Lindy, then crossroads then the rest of
    the morons that frequent this board, with absolutely no justification.
    I don't have time now to respond to all this crap since we're giving
    a party for the holiday, but later I will continue to defend myself
    against the totally unfounded accusations against me. Thanks to
    everyone that acknowledged the facts and didn't succumb to the mob mentality here. Now I'm off to party, bye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit