A new spin on an old perible

by meggidon555 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

one day a man was driving down a hiway and saw a car broke down. he stops to help to help. but it was a trap the robber beats him up leaves him for dead takes all his money and steals his car.

men while a christian drive by does nothing, a jew drives by nothing, a muslim ditto,

finally an atheist drive by seeing that there a man lying injured stop picks him up and despite the the blood puts him in his brand new lexus

takes him to the hospital and tells the nurse that he will pay for the man's treatment what ever the cost.

Question who is going to fare better on judgemnt day?

• Satanus
    Satanus

The jew, cuz he's a lawyer. He will appeal, appeal and appeal until god gives in. He will also tell god how jews have always suffered because god chose them, lastly reminding god about the 6 mill. Finally god will feel all guilty and embarrassed. Red faced, god gives the jew the best place.

S

Ps, this was lawyer joke, wasn't it?

• meggidon555
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal

I don't think that one event will effect judgement, therefore senerio is irrelevent to the question. That's why there is repentance. Just my thought on it anyway.

Kwin

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

what if the christian, the jew, and the muslim, were in a habbit of doing this and the atheist also did a whole lot of good in his life

they have faith in god in some way but the atheist has none in fact he seeks no reward from what he did

from either god (seeing as he does not even beleive he exist at all) or the man

so who will fare better?

• willy_think
    willy_think

The guy with the Lexus?

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

yeh I think I was a little to over the top with that I should have said new car

• Quotes
    Quotes

If there is a judgement, then clearly the Athiest would be judged "OK" since he was (as you said) in the habit of doing good -- and it was truly from his heart, not from some fear of (displeasing) an angry, petulant god.

Of course, in this case, the bit from a Steve Marin album applies:

"What?..... You mean...... No!!!!!!!!!! In college they said this was all Bull-S**T!!!!! Well I wasn't so bad!...... I mean, how many times did I take the Lord's name in vain?.......ooooooohhhhhhhh....... Million-Six!!!!!"

• Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

It all depends on whether the reader believes in Biblical mythology or not.

From the fundamental Christian viewpoint:

John 3:5: "Jesus answered, ?I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.'"

Mark 16:16 ?He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.?

JOHN 3:15 ?That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

if you read my other post you can probaly quest that i'm off the cristian band wagon and on my own

so I say the one doing good no matter what he believes

action speaks louder than words I do believe this is what the original was trying to say

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit