What Would You Tell a Prospective New Poster About JWD??

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was talking to 2 someday to be ex JWS about the forum and they want to join. I did let them know that not everyone is as sweet as they are. I mentioned that most here are very nice and that a few have issues. But I did suggest that they come on board......Anything you'd tell a "newbie" so that they will be better equipped to understand how this place works???

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Go read the Best of series and perhpas start with the JWD FAQs section

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Min I was just comparing my number of posts to yours especially since I have been here 1 year longer

Hubby say, "And I thought you spend a lot of time here. he must have NO life"

Just thought you would want to know.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Welcome,

Don't take yourself too seriously,,loosen up,,have a few laughs,,post away.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    What Would You Tell a Prospective New Poster About JWD??

That they should not be scared to ask, many, many questions.

Best regards - HS

• minimus
    minimus

----Lady Lee......... I'm sure this too will soon come to an end.........

• dh
    dh
    I mentioned that most here are very nice and that a few have issues.

i'd tell them the truth, that most people on here have issues but a few are very nice

actually i told my brother about it a few times and he's seen me logging on and using it when i've been at his place. he told me he joined and made one post but never came back because it didn't appeal to him. i think he was put off by serious doctrinal posts, because he just wants to black out his whole life up to the point he was df'd, and that includes everything jw. i told him that there are serious jw topics and just regular topics about normal stuff, but i don't think he's ever come back.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Dh,

Most times it is not good to black out painful times,,they cause more pain as repressed unfelt feelings. I hope he finally comes to grips with the whole JW thing.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'd tell 'em to put this place on hold.

Then I'd suggest they go make some friends, find a good pub and maybe a therapist too. Then, when they've got all the newbie ex-dub crap out of their system and can relate like real people do, maybe then they'll be equipped to partake in ex JW boards.

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

For some people, this place is their ONLY outlet. It's a great place to be but not everyone's always on the same page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit