Satan was at my front door when I got home today...

by Confucious 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Preston...rofl, thats awesome

regarding the pumpkin...i say we 'boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew'

• Special K
    Special K

chuckle, chuckle

• Purza
    Purza

I am growing pumpkins in my back yard -- I too put a pumpkin out (the one I didn't want to use for pies of course) -- I think it makes the house look "fallish". And you are right. . . it is just a vegetable -- nothing to fear there.

Purza

• shera
    shera

Nice idea,instead of too much hallowe'en stuff out in the front yard.I think I'm going to make it look all fall like and a bit of hallowe'en in a few weeks.Should look cool.All excited,I just moved out of my apartment into a duplex and I have a YARD to decorate for hallowe'en and Christmas!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic in your comment. But since you're from Canada...

Con, yes, I'm being sarcastic to the jws for their idiotic teachings and traditions. I enjoyed your post. In fact, I love your sense of humor. I did chuckle when I saw your response about me being from Canada, though! Someone in the US once asked me if I lived in an igloo. I explained how we have regular cities like the US, with regular houses and office buildings like the US. LOL!!!

CeriseRose wrote:

While I'm not Estee, I am Canadian and can unequivocally tell you she was being sarcastic (and probably to the JWs not you from the read of it). We have Hallowe'en here too. Pumpkins, goblins, candy, and all the 'trimmings.' :)

Thanks Cerise! Yes, indeed we do celebrate Hallowe'en here in Canada, and two years ago I dressed in a costume for the first time in my life! I handed out treats to all the little ghosties and goblins ... What a blast! We had demonized vegetables and everything!!!

Love ya!

ESTEE

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Its Demonized... Baha ha

alt

• Balsam
    Balsam

That's cool your realizing all you were taught is just bull droppings. LOL

I've been passing out Halloween candy and putting up Halloween decorations at my front door now for a couple of years. The first year I just could not do it, as I still thought there was demons and satan involved in it. Well I finally got free of it and I have fun with it now. I've thought of dressing up this year to pass out candy. Would be kinda Cool. Goodness it can be as much fun for the adults as the kids I think. I sure love seeing all the little kids dressed up and so excited.

Ruth

• Confucious
    Confucious

Estee,

Yeah. Sorry about the Cannuck comment...

Some of us in the States are so ignorant when it comes to other countries.

BTW, does anyone here know how to "make" pumpkin seeds???

Con

• Mac
    Mac
    are some vegetable more demonized and others not?

Yes, I believe this to be true...and that is why we are carving kohlrabi for Halloween this year . I once had some very strange things occur after bringing some into the house...my taste buds were altered to such an extent that I swore I was eating turnips even though my logical mind told me I was not. And, all the while it was cooking the eerie scent of cabbage filled the room, sending a shiver through all...I take comfort in knowing that I was not the only witness to this strange phenomenon. It has been speculated that the unsettling happenings surrounding the plant may not be so much attributable to it but, to the fact that I purchased it at a vegetable stand located at a garage sale. The ghastly shadows cast upon the dining room wall as the kitchen light passed by the strange abberant organic entities placed on the island seperating the two rooms still haunt me to this day causing me to question......of this earth...or not?

mac, jack-o-rabi class

*sidenote..they're small so, it's a bitch finding candles that fit!

* grrr..............can't format worth a damn

• Jez
    Jez

LMAO at the 'ok,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit