TRANSCRIPT OF JW PARENT'S COERSIVE TACTICS

by Corvin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

TIM TO ELIZABETH =What your mother is saying is that if you don?t go to the meetings, then you can?t have those dresses.

In the future, you might want to phrase things something like this----"Am I to understand, then, that if you don't go to the meetings, then you can't have the dresses?"

Same focus, but different approach!

You're doing GREAT, and all of s admire you and are rooting for you and the girls!!!

hugs,

Annie

• Xena
    Xena

I have to admit if I bought my daughter a dress for a specific occasion....I would probably take it back too if she wasn't going to the function. What can I say?? I'm a frugal mom. I don't have money to spend on clothing my daughter isn't going to wear.

Honestly I feel bad for you daughter, she seems to be caught between a rock and a hard place. If she goes to the meetings with her mom it would appear she is disappointing you....if she doesn't go she is disappointing her mom....no wonder the kid is so stressed out.

I realize that I don't know the entire situation, but neither will a judge so I'm just telling you how it looks from another point of view.

Best wishes for you all.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Honestly I feel bad for you daughter, she seems to be caught between a rock and a hard place. If she goes to the meetings with her mom it would appear she is disappointing you....if she doesn't go she is disappointing her mom....no wonder the kid is so stressed out.

Try this one: She is disappointing mom when she does not go, but still SHE DOES NOT WANT TO GO. I do not express any disappointment if she goes, and I am not disappointed if she goes. I support her decision, however, and I am fighting to ensure her preference is at least respected by mom and stepdad. See the difference? In other words, I am not telling her I do not want her to go, I am defending and enforcing her choice not to go.

You see, my children talk to me. I listen. I find out what they want and prefer and I do all that I can to reasonably support that. If the child says, "I don't want to go to the meetings and associate with JW's, then I am going to fight to make sure she does not have to.

Thank you,

Corvin

• Mary
    Mary

Corvin, you're ex sounds like a freakin' loon man..........keep taping all the conversations..........you never know when you may need them.

• Corvin
    Corvin

She was aware the conversation was being recorded. In this case, I do not need to have the recordings to hold up in court. I just need the court appointed attorney to hear them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit