CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH??

by Terry 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

I wonder if you and say.....10 dubs were all on their deathbed with a couple of months to live.......who would be the happiest using a happy scale? Would the enlightened one be happier knowing he's going to be worm dirt in a short time.....or the dub/christian who believes in a hope?

Does truth ALWAYS make people happier......or is it best to be a bit sader and know the REAL truth?

Yes, comparing peoples lives on a deathbed to those who are healthy isn't a fair comparison......but let's go with it anyway just this once.

Gumby

• zoolander
    zoolander

I thought this quote was applicable (not n ecessarily the God part) God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please - you can never have both. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumberella and zoolander

Yes, it comes down to being happy or unhappy, sometimes. I seem to have chosen the latter.

S

• kls
    kls

Ahh Zoolander , you sprung a leak.,,,,lol

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's a double bind for the Witness people. They have a miserable life if they stay, and they have too much fear to leave.

Most Witnesses I know are better off staying Witnesses. They don't have the guts to make it in the real world. They don't have the guts to admit they have been wrong. They don't have the guts to face their mortality and their lack of rational living preparation like educations and savings accounts. They are too dishonest to make it in the real world.

Most Witnesses I know don't deserve to be out of the Witness group. I guess I like them right where they are.

• gumby
    gumby
    Yes, it comes down to being happy or unhappy, sometimes. I seem to have chosen the latter.

SS, ye ol' barstard......me was talkin bout those who never learn their faith is bogus.

Gary........do you feel that people who are witnesses really have less guts to"make it in the real world"? Everyone on this board who has left the dubs has made it.....why couldn't other dubs? What did you mean exactly? Ya sound a tad irritable today ol' lad

Gumby

• hubert
    hubert

Terry, I'm so glad you posted this thread. It totally agravates me to see the Witnesses use the term "TRUTH" when it is all so much total lies !!! How can they take that word and tear it apart like they do. If theirs is the "truth", then what word would you use to REALLY tell the "truth"?

Now I hear the word "truth", and right away Jehovah's witnesses come to mind. It's sickening!!! I wanted to put out a post about this, but didn't even know where to start. Thanks for bringing it up for me.

Hubert

• garybuss
    garybuss

Gumby, The Witnesses I know who were Witnesses when I quit in 1974 either died Witnesses or are still Witnesses. I do not know of one that left. They are willfully ignorant, superstitious, dishonest, and mean and they are proud of it. As a group, they are the worst people I have ever met.

It was my bad luck being born to Witness parents but it was my own stupidity that allowed me to marry a Witness woman and allow my children to be infected by Witnesses. They ended it all when they started to shun me and they freed me to retaliate.

If any of the Witnesses who worked to influence my sons to shun me leaves the Witnesses, they will remain my enemy and I will work to their detriment. I will never forgive them personally for that. My beef is not with the Witness group although I do think they are a terrible lot, my problem is with individuals.

The Witness people I know are gutless, mean, and just plain stupid.

• zoolander
    zoolander

Ahh Zoolander , you sprung a leak.,,,,lol It best descibes all those year of sitting in mind numbing meetings with mind numbing people while a part of my mind was screeming "F#$K, THIS IS BAD" I often used to wonder if others thought that as will. It seems they did. I am enjoying this board so far :-)

• zoolander
    zoolander

This the meaning I got for REPOSE from dictionary.com

re?pose2

To place (trust, for example): reposed all his hopes in the new cure.

re?pose1

The act of resting or the state of being at rest.
    Freedom from worry; peace of mind.
    Calmness; tranquillity.

v. re?posed, re?pos?ing, re?pos?es
    v. tr.
    To lay (oneself) down.
    To rest or relax (oneself).

v. intr.
    To lie at rest.
    To lie dead: repose in a grave.
    To lie while being supported by something.

So it means to be at peace while being supported by something whether that something is real or imagined. It also has the meaning of ?entrusting? or handing over. I think what we did when we where dubs was hand over our search and analysis of reality to the WTS. This is bought out in this Watchtower

*** w81 2/15 p. 19 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible? ***
    OUR VIEW OF THE ?SLAVE?
    We can benefit from this consideration. If we have once established what instrument God is using as his ?slave? to dispense spiritual food to his people, surely Jehovah is not pleased if we receive that food as though it might contain something harmful. We should have confidence in the channel God is using. At the Brooklyn headquarters from which the Bible publications of Jehovah?s Witnesses emanate there are more mature Christian elders, both of the ?remnant? and of the ?other sheep,? than anywhere else upon earth.
    True, the brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18) However, this has resulted in a continual refining of the body of Bible-based truth to which Jehovah?s Witnesses subscribe. Over the years, as adjustments have been made to that body of truth, it has become ever more wonderful and applicable to our lives in these ?last days.? Bible commentators of Christendom are not inspired either. Despite their claims to great knowledge, they have failed to highlight even basic Bible truths?such as the coming Paradise earth, the importance of God?s name, and the condition of the dead.

When a dud says It's "The Truth" this and "The Truth" that----"How long have you been IN THE TRUTH?" and "Since Bob left THE TRUTH we haven't spoken a word". And on and on and on.... what they are really meaning is ?how long have you been in REPOSE?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit