Most Delusional Moment as a Jehovah's Witness

by Terry 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

{{Balsam}}

I can't fathom that sort of loss.

Don't torment yourself with what ifs...You were hoping they would give blood. Your heart and mind were in the right place. You weren't delusional neither was your child or any of your family. They like many others were deceived. There was no lapse on your part.

The Deluded Fanatics are those ignorant, power mad, members of the GB who think they are tools of the Divine when they are agents of senseless death. Then they have the gall to glorify these incidents like HAMAS does with their shahids.

Telling the story of your child will surely save many other lives. Few of us could ever say that about our own life course. Whenever this topic comes up in conversation, I will point them to AJWRB.org.

• Terry
    Terry

Writing helps alot.

There are "things the way I want them to be" and there are "things the way they are". Until we write them out and look at them and have others discuss them; sometimes we can't see how different the two really are.

That is how delusional thinking gets rooted out. It takes an outside critic; a gadfly; an apostate who'll poke the delusion in the face and challenge it to put up or shut up.

Keep writing!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

These experiences make me realise just how lucky it was that I got out so early, even though I didn't understand it was all a crock for many years later.

I'm guessing my lost delusional moment was at an assembly on THE day in October 1975, wondering if I was going to see the day out as I wasn't baptised.

The stupidest moment would have been letting the dentist pull an eye tooth, instead of straightening it, in 1968 cos Armagedumb was coming sooooon. What a [edited] [edited] [edited] [edited] (Sorry mods, I beat you to it.)

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My most disellusioned monent was when 2 people who were not even fit to be brothers were nominated elders.

1 got removed 2-3 weeks later, the other took 5 years. Both were doing things that were hurting brothers.

Brother AB, not only borrowed $15k and never paid it back, but outright denied the loan from the brother

in which gave him all he had. This disillusionment came more clear when I had a day off from work, and

decided to go see his son (since they worked together and we got somewhat along), well since they were going to make a delivery

to the shore, I agreed to tag along. Well the way brother AB treated his (minum wage) help was outright tyrannical. He screamed and

honked his horn with all his might as they wanted to get a sandwich in a quick mart! He was hitting the horn in the truck

so much and hard that it broke by not stopping to honk and thus he ripped the steering cap and slammed his brakes in the

highway and ripped out the horn wires!

What an elder he was? Well the moral of the story was that he was doing this before and after the Holy Spirit nominated him!

What a crock!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, concerning the loss of my beloved son Dak. He was an extraordinary kid, and I miss his wise cracking ways. He was so smart and bright and would have been a wonderful addition to society in general if he had lived. I've worked on the blame, its hard though. I feel I could have done more if I hadn't been gripped by fear of this god I worshipped then. What a delusion it all was, and what a price some of us pay to be in it.

Stepping out of the JW is like stepping out of a twilight zone for me. I know that it is a common experience for those of us coming out. Hopefully not to many of us have suffered damage that is beyond our ability to heal and be better for it. But it is tough isn't it?

Delusional is exactly how I would describe my committment to a God called Jehovah whom I fell in love with. And all because of a presentation by an organization that did not have my best interest on their heart.

I had two JW here at my door Saturday. Back a few months ago they had called and I took the magazines, I took them not telling them I am an ex-jw. I needed those magazines for my research and discussion with JW through AJWRB.ORG. No subscriptions anymore. Well they were back yesterday to discuss the book "The bible mans word or God's?" they had left me last time. I actually felt bad for them because I had read and written notes from the book . They were not able to refute or even answer my questions. Really didn't seem to feel the need to try very hard or to think. They were nice, I was nice, I listened. They decided it would be best to just bring me the magazines and let me do the asking if I have any questions. But their total inability to think and reason outside their publications was sad. They were worse than I was when I was in.

Delusional, their own little world. One of myth and make believe that comes to feel real. I guess so long as they feel happy in that make believe world it is ok, I just hope no one dies because of it. Religion in general is delusional if one believe's it is real?

Ruth

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(((((((Balsam)))))))

Religion in general is delusional if one believe's it is real?

I really think this sentence, minus the question mark, would deserve to be engraved on the front door of every religious building and printed on the frontpage of every religious book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit