But Jesus Would Approve of Disfellowshipping as being a part of LOVE!!!

by Sweetp0985 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I thought that they were shaking that guy's hand for doing so much "bible study tm ", and his wife was wondering why he always has to be out during the week.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    they have to protect the congo

Hehe - that made me laugh. I always knew they had an ulterior motive! - poor old Africa.

• Nigel
    Nigel

I was disfellowshipped 16 yrs ago after all my life as a JW. I got this next door neighbour.He did something 16 yrs ago & i haven,t talked to him since.I cross the street when i see him.My mate came over.I said hey mate this fella next door seems o.k. but i ain,t talked to him for 16 yrs.I ignore him but he seems o.k. I ain,t talking to him till he,s talked to me for a few months while i continue to ignore him.My mate thinks i,m crazy.Disfellowshipping is like when a cop pulls you over for speeding.The cop says Here,s the rules! Here,s the fine! See ya later mate! He don,t love me.

• Flash
    Flash
    but if you do something that the elders say is wrong and disfellowship you...

That's not how it's supposed to work, though I'm sure that is often the case.

From God's standpoint DF'ing is a way of both giving us a 'Time Out' and protecting others from being influenced badly.

I'm labeled as rebellious and unloving because I won't tuck my tail and cater to the JW's rules...
    That's the problem in a nutshell...JW rules rather than God's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit