"Worldy Girlfriend or JW Girlfriend... Help Me Choose" - ONE YEAR LATER.

by Confucious 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'm glad for you Confusious. I hope you are happy with the choices you've made. I'm sure they haven't been easy. franklin j made a good point,

whatever would you have in common with a JW girlfiend? What could you possibly share together?

It's been a real strain on my marriage since I took my stand against the WT. Before we'd do meetings, sometimes service together, but now we don't have that. We're now struggling to find things to do together because we don't have that. My wife has accepted that I'm not going back but she does bug me now and then to go. But what we are really doing right now is struggling to find common ground. Something that won't interfere with either of our beliefs, but that we can do together, or as a family. Actually, I think I'll start a thread on that subject.

Kwin

• Flash
    Flash

It was doomed from the start. The woman would have first had to have had the light go on in her head about the WTS for your relationship to have had any chance.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Frank and Kwin,

I guess mostly, me and the ex-JW girlfriend didn't have too much in common.

There was a definite sexual attraction there and more of a "she's a good person type thing."

One thing that started bothering me is the using of the politically correct speech.

Mostly like the things like saying "God Bless You" after a person sneezes and stuff like that.

But as far as conversation wise... Now that I look back, it's nothing like me and my current girlfriend.

I would say, that "worldly" (and I hate that word). But "worldly" relationships are just so much more deeper in General.

Mostly because one person doesn't have to worry about how the other will feel if you don't tow the "WT Party Line."

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

There was a definite sexual attraction there

...and you're telling me this doesn't happen with JWs? There's probably a shitload of sexual attraction between JWs, but they need to get that pesky marriage thing out of the way first. :)

One thing that started bothering me is the using of the politically correct speech.

Mostly like the things like saying "God Bless You" after a person sneezes and stuff like that.

That stuff's easy to conquer. Next time she sneezes, just tell her "Jesus Christ! Don't blow your f#$%ing brains out!", or "How dare you snot all over me!"

Try it, it's fun!

• Confucious
    Confucious

Nos, Ha!!!! LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit