Freedom is...................................................

by ozziepost 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LT:

no elaboration needed!

Cheers, Ozzie

• myelaine
    myelaine

Little Toe,

I know what you mean, you are prepared.

michelle

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Freedom is.........

not having to wear a tie!

• Netty
    Netty

or panty hose

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

or panty hose
    Oh yes!!!! Mrs Ozzie likes that one! How true.

• Dawn
    Dawn

...making my own choices based on my conscience

...no guilt feelings "just because" - I only feel guilty now when I actually did something wrong.

• bebu
    bebu
    Freedom is.........

lol Ozzie! I shoulda recognized your motto a-coming when I read the thread title. There is a lot of truth in that little motto, though! I think I have come to love freedom so dearly, and I'm still just beginning to touch on understanding the depths of what kind of a gift it is. Life without freedom... what kind of life is that, even if there were no pain? Freedom gives meaning to every other gift we have. Freedom could be another way of understanding salvation. A great question, Oz! bebu

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

"...this." Any this you want, and also not at the same time. Thing is, if you've pegged freedom down in some way, you've just lost it.

• Nat-Oz
    Nat-Oz

that little buzz of happiness you feel when doing something you want to do.

• Panda
    Panda

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose ..." Janis Joplin {the great 20th century Texan philosopher} and I agree with her. You are never really free if you have anything you are responsible to or for. I believe that Plato would also agree with Janis.

But, that said, freedom from state religion, freedom of choice of birth control, freedom over your own body, freedom to vote, freedom to own land (yeah I know but not to do w/ it as you will). Freedom to come and go from our hemisphere to another;from our country to another. Freedom to speak out about irrational leadership and complain loudly about the all encompassing erosion of common sense. You get my point...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit