War Photography ***Warning: Graphic photos****

by SixofNine 16 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just Beautiful. Blood is every bit as vivid on a good digital camera as it was on kodachrome.

I was going to say something smartass, like "guess which of these four kids goes on to hate America enough to do violence" but then I read the text, and that kid died too. Whew, we really dodged a bullet there, eh George?

• dh
    dh
    Blood is every bit as vivid on a good digital camera as it was on kodachrome.

it's every bit as sticky too. stories like this really have the potential to make me well up with hate, but ultimately i realise there's no point, there's not even any point in analysing or discussing the events becuase it achieves nothing, it just makes people argue. it's mad.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That is so sad and heartwrenching, it just makes me sick that innocent children are caught in the crossfire.

Dh made a very valid point when he said:

there's not even any point in analysing or discussing the events becuase it achieves nothing, it just makes people argue.
    I find this just as sad that people will argue that such atrocities are justifiable, I wonder how justifiable these same people would think it is if the shoe were on the other foot. Sad, indeed.
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal

The other day Kim Jong-Il was asked why he didn't respond to the fact that there was a massive explosion in his country (N. Korea), his response was "All foreign journalists are liars." A better response then we'll get from anyone regarding these sick acts.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

This is horrifying. I read about this on CNN yesterday - completely different slant, of course. The US military spokesman said the helicopters only fired at the disabled Bradley because they didn't want it to fall int o hostile hands. The CNN story made it sound like the vehicle was surrounded by insurgents with weapons. And they didn't say how many times the helicopters came back to fire on the people again and again.

• teejay
    teejay

Random thoughts after reading that account...

I wonder what the ratio is: how many Iraqi civilians have died for every American? How many children have lost limbs for every American soldier who's lost a limb?

I wonder if the helicopter pilots were Israelis.

The War on Terror? is going great.

The quagmire in Iraq may have different after-affects than the one in Vietnam. The Vietnamese didn't have wealthy, oil-rich benefactors to fund their war against the invaders, either during the occupation or after the Americans went home.

Those helicopter pilots, for me, don't define the world "brave" or "courageous." Hate to say it, but in comparison, piloting a plane into a building as an act of war (kamikazee) does.

• Simon
    Simon

You cannot conduct "peacekeeping" by firing rockets from helicopters and having jet-planes conducting air-strikes.

Unless these actions stop then we may as well give up any hope of having Iraqi's supportive of the coallition efforts. What will happen is that when they are allowed to make a choice they will tell us to get the hell away from them and never come back,

Deciding that there are areas that troops won't patrol because it is too dangerous (for politicians) is all very well but it won't do anything to prevent the ongoing and worsening violence.

These nazi / israeli tactics of indescriminate slaughter based on suspect 'intelligence' are sickening.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

No one likes to see the innocent die. However, these dreadful events call for context. I regret that the bad guys are hiding behind woman, children and holy places to conduct their war. Another sad development, judging by some responses here, show that this ugly propaganda is working with some...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What part of "War Photography" would make anyone think there would NOT be "graphic photos"? lol.

Since this isn't a case of "bad guys" hiding behind women and children, I'd say your entire post is ugly propaganda, ThiChi.

• Simon
    Simon
    No one likes to see the innocent die. However, these dreadful events call for context. I regret that the bad guys are hiding behind woman, children and holy places to conduct their war. Another sad development, judging by some responses here, show that this ugly propaganda is working with some..

Nice attitude, take your neocon bullshit elsewhere - it's not welcome on my site.

Y'know what ... if someone ***is*** hiding behind women and children and you are in a helicopter gunship ... DON'T FRICKIN FIRE ASSHOLE !!!

How hard is that?!?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit