Why are ugly people bad?

by confusedjw 41 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Ignore that girl behind the curtain.she has alterior motives and her plumbing is not to yer liking!!

mac

Well, Mac, I was gonna ask you but you already have a wife, and good lord, now you're doubly gay, too. I think I'd get too confused come night time.

• Mac
    Mac

Hah!!!!!!!....ACTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macster thespian

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hah!!!!!!!....ACTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macster thespian

See what I mean? You confuse me even further but you're still bootiful. Getting back to the thread subject.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Yea, beauty.....doesnt mean anything..

whenever i get a compliment.....i look down at my legs.......the place i cut myself when i was being abused..

• Dawn
    Dawn

(((Stefanie)))

• shamus
    shamus

Stephanie,

Whoever did that to you was a fucking bastard.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I posted on this same subject, just recently, it was a post called, "When They Aren't Attractive" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/77495/1.ashx

In part I said,

A while back, I was in the grocery store with my daughter. Everywhwere I go, I get stopped by parents or grandparents who admire my daughter's playfulness, her spirit, her hair or her beauty. This attention, of course, shapes her personality. She becomes more outgoing, more confident with herself and with others. Of course, it always make me smile to see someone appreciate my little one. Then I rounded the corner to the vegetable section and so a not so pretty (physically) little girl with her grandparents, probably. She was staring at my daughter who was running and playing back and forth. This little girl's face was physically deformed and I turned away and started crying. <
    I cried because I saw her looking at my daughter and I wondered what she thought? Was she a little jealous that she was not born 'normal'? Was she just simply seeing a little girl play? I cried because no one would be approaching those grand parents and saying what a pretty girl they had. I cried because I go home and have a good day when people smile at me and her parents have a good day when no one asks "what happened" ....... I cried because I had to walk away and force myself to not look.......I imagined her life as turning out so different than my daughter's and how unfair that was.
    Joan Rivers said:
    The psychic scars caused by believing you are ugly leaving a permanent mark on your personality

There was also a debate on another thread about girls wearing a 'hottie' shirt ........this thread was in response to that and some comments that Xena made about her ex husband who was scarred severely..

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think SOME men (like my ex) in society judge by appearance cuz they look at women thinking " would i do her?" and look at men " do i make more money than him..

i'd rather be pretty or ugly instead of just PLAIN..makes me invisible.

• Carmel
    Carmel

My wife was (better say is too)a good looker but she prefers I don't hold the door for her every since I closed it on her ankle. So a creature of habit I don't hold the door for anyone. An equal opportunity offender...I is.

carmel

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Stef, I understand. I have a scar on my upper lip from a belt buckle. When I was younger it wasn't as visable. But as I age it becomes more prominent. I guess it's symbolic of the fact that child abuse is always with us until we breathe our last breath. We can still love life though. I find the best balm is in helping other people.

An equal opportunity offender...I is.

carmel

Carmel, at least you aren't one of those cads who rushes to open the door for a beauty and then lets is slam on the little elderly lady that is three steps behind her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit