BOE letter defining apostacy

by scotsman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

by reading that.. all disfellowshipped people are considered apostates?

• gumby
    gumby
    Therefore, if a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking.

When a publisher vocalizes to the elders that he cannot subscribe to the teachings of the WTBTS any longer and proceeds to show them why, there is no scriptural reproof offered but rather scriptures that threaten the individual.

If solid proof is shown that exposes the society is this especially true. Condemnation is what is handed out, not loving attention or concern over what the individual has to say. Their concern at this point is if you qualify as an Apostate or not so they can boot your arse out, nothing more.

Gumby

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just love that idea of having my thinking re-adjusted.

What do they think I am, a cathode ray-tube?

Englishman.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Yes, this is the letter, yet where was it scanned from?:

I recently scanned the letter from Ray Franz's book Crisis of Conscience and then posted it in the contents of one of my threads. I can't say whether it was copied and pasted from that thread, but because of the font colors, it appears to be.

Corvin

• Mary
    Mary
    Therefore, if a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking. However, if, after such extended efforts have been put forth to readjust his thinking, he continues to believe the apostate ideas and rejects what he has been provided through the 'slave class, then appropriate judicial action should be taken.

Okay, let's pretend we're all back in the 1st Century CE and we're reading one of the laws invented by the Pharisees:

Therefore, if a Jew abandons the teachings of Yahweh, as presented by the Scribes and Pharisees, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking. However, if, after such extended efforts have been put forth to readjust his thinking, he continues to believe the apostate ideas and rejects what he has been provided through the Scribes and Pharisees, then appropriate judicial action should be taken.

Hmmm...........I guess Jesus fit that description to a T..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit