Favorite healthy foods

by desib77 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

for snacking some trail mix is my fave...w/dried fruit..also granola..

Vietnamese Tacos

1 package angel hair noodles

1 head of large leaf lettuce

4 lean pork chops or chicken breasts

2 large carrots, slivered separate into two piles

Bean sprouts

1 package mixed oriental veggies

Sauce

4 cups rice wine vinegar

1 tbsp brown sugar

soy sauce

pickled ginger

half of the carrots

Place all ingredients for sauce in container and let sit at room temperature sealed. Several hours or all day is best.

Cook the meat with a bit of soy sauce, salt & pepper. When done chop and place in fridge. Grilled gives plent of flavor.

Boil noodles and steam veggies. When done place in fridge to cool off.

After all ingredients have cooled simply use the large lettuce leafs as a wrap and fill with your meat and veggies...viola!

Great for summer evenings when it is too hot to cook a lot.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Grape Nuts or Shredded Wheat cereal. Also, Splenda sweetner.... it's great on cereal and is "legal".

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

WHEATGRASS !!!!!

• RR
    RR

hmmm ... that would be STEAK AND POTATOE, that's as healthy as I get!

• larc
    larc

RR, I am with you. Also like Hershey chocolate on high fat ice cream. Chocolate chip cookies are good as well. These foods are especially good if you engage in no form of excersise.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I LOVE Green Tea and Ginseng. I'm also a sucker for Edamame (boiled soy beans) though I found out that they actually are kind of fattening. I also love boiled zuccinni with nothing on it. And I'm with Country Girl, miso soup and tofu. mmmm, I love tomatos too, it's a wonderful accent to most anything. I love zuccinni, tomato, carrots, broccoli, onion, garlic, corn on the cobb, basil and boiled chicken breast in a soup over a bowel of rice, topped of with some sirachi hot sauce.

BTW, McDonalds has a DELICIOUS Grilled Chicken Ceasar's salad on assorted greens, with only 200 calories, 7 carbs and 6 grams of fat. They also have a balsamic vinegrette dressing, that is the best I've tasted with only 3 grams of fat and 40 calaories in the entire package (I usually only use 1/2)

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Wanted to add a few more healthy choices I like:

I keep Tuna stocked. A bowel of tuna with some lemon juice, horseradish and garlic, really fills me up, doesnt make me smell good though.

Low/Non fat cottage cheese with chopped tomatos and black pepper is a healthy snack I personally enjoy. Yoplait makes some great yogurts. Also Special K cereal with the strawberries and non/low fat milk. And Applesauce is a low fat addition to alot of meat dishes.

In the words of Julie Andrews 'these are a few of my favorite things' :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit