Favorite healthy foods

by desib77 16 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

My husband and I are starting our diet on Monday. Tomorrow we do our shopping. What are your favorite healthy foods?

I love fruits and veggies. I also like grilled chicken. What else should I put on my shopping list?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Eggwhites for the protein, that's about all those egg substitutes are, there is one that's straight egg white without other stuff added.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

hmm It depends on what kinda diet you are doing.....

I would say tomatoes....... i can eat those like apples...

• desib77
    desib77
    I would say tomatoes....... i can eat those like apples...

I like tomatoes but I'm picky...I like garden tomatoes or the small cherry tomatoes.

I think I will pick some up.

Oh, and I'm doing weight watchers. He is doing the "Subway" diet. He has lost a lot doing that before and is going back on it.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I make this sandwich which consists of half of a pita bread, a slice of low fat swiss cheese and a slice of ham. Warm it for a few seconds in the microwave until the cheese it soft and it is yummy!! It's about 150 calories and actually tastes good.

Good luck on the diet, I too am trying to eat healthier.. If I could keep away from the beer and jager shots, I'd be set.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Miso soup with tofu. MMmmmMMMm

Country Gril

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Good luck on the diet, I too am trying to eat healthier.. If I could keep away from the beer and jager shots, I'd be set.

LOL If i could keep off the vodka and rice i would be too......lololololl

Oh stinky! You know I luvs ya mommy!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I like flax seed. It's high in Omega 3 which is good for the heart. I buy it ground up and add to cereal and salads. You can also buy Flax Seed oil and use it in salad dressings.

Cranberry juice is healthy for the liver and bladder but is high in sugar. I buy unsweetened cranberry juice at the health food store and add a sugar substitute.

Devon

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Grilled Fish is very good - it is fried fish that is not as good - lobster without the butter also excellent

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Speaking of flax, you can soak them and they turn into this eggy consistency and can use that as an egg substitute, so if you wanted to go totally vegetarian that's a way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit