Flying on 9/11---hope my honey will be ok

by codeblue 19 Replies latest social current

• codeblue
    codeblue

Well, NOdenial is about to load a plan, heading home after a week of work. He said there were only 10 planned on this flight because it is 9/11.

As I thought about it, that date brought a lot of pain and suffering and each year that date is a memory of that fatefull Twin Towers fall.

Anybody else flying today or know of some one and have contact with them to know if flights are underbooked?

Codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

It didn't dawn on me till we were messaging each other at the airport, what day today is. Then he mentioned only 10 were booked on the flight.....(that's bad sign to me)

I sincerely hope he makes it back, safely. He is on the other side of the country as I type this...

....I am sleepless in Seattle now

• glitter
    glitter

It's probably the safest day to fly. I read an article on a Norwegian news site that a lot feel it's safer today ("won't happen twice") and Norwegian flights are packed and airlines have put prices up (I don't approve of that :() I know it's *Norway*, but the idea is the same.

He'll be fine - ((((codeblue))))

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Codeblue- My partner is flying back from LA today. Honestly, although I am always somewhat uneasy when he flies ( even since before 2001), I think that today is going to be the safest day of the year to fly. We're so much better prepared for trouble. It's not going to happen again, not on our commercial flights anyway, because we won't allow it to. Please try not to worry, hon. Our men are safe and will be home with us soon.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Thanks Glitter and Insomniac for your kind words! I really apprecite hearing them!

...still at the back of my mind I wonder the "what If".....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I get scared when I fly, tho it is irratinal. Consider how many passengers died on 9/11, probably the most dangerous day to fly...around 300-400 (I forgot the exact number). Over a million people fly every day in the United States (cf. http://books.nap.edu/books/0309053803/html/10.html). That means that there was a 0.0004% chance of dying while flying on 9/11.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Over a million people fly every day in the United States

An interesting point is that the grounding of US planes for 3 days after 9/11 lowered the average temperature of the northern hemisphere by 1 degree Centigrade. Makes you wonder about the environment and the current weather, and how many deaths are caused by our western life styles.

• myself
    myself

((((((((((((((codeblue)))))))))))))))

Put aside the "what ifs" and keep yourself busy for the next few hours, he will be home before you know it.

• Xandria
    Xandria

((CodeBlue))

Sending good vibes and imagines james bond like security.

X.

• Simon
    Simon

It is bound to be a scary day to fly given what happened but I imagine most airports security should be on higher than normal attention and I doubt they would try the same attack again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit