Snipits from Sept 2004 KM's

by qwerty 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• qwerty
    qwerty

I don't think I am breaking any copyright law here by retyping (quoting) a small section from the KM.

Just look what tactics the Organisation are using by appealing to the consience of those trapped!

Respecting Jehovah's Authority

With what do you associate the ancient names Korah, Dathan, and Abiram? Rebellion! Against what? Godly authority. The details of their tragic course are recorded in Numbers chapter 16, and an overview of the matter is provided in the article "Loyally Submit to Godly Authority" in the August 1, 2002, Watchtower. You would find it beneficial to read this material and then view the sobering portrayal of it in the video Respect Jeliovah's Authority. You will see the conflict that developed between the faithful sons of Korah and their rebellious father, who was on a collision course with the Sovereign of the universe. (Num. 26:9-11)

This

true-life. drama should inspire all of us to develop our loyalty to Jehovah even more fully.

As you watch the video, look for the evidence that Korah and his fellow rebels failed the test of loyalty in six crucial areas: (1) How did they disrespect godly authority? (2) How did they let pride, ambition, and jealousy affect them? (3) How did they focus on the deficiencies of those appointed by Jehovah? (4) What complaining attitude had they developed? (5) Why had they become dissatisfied with their privileges of service? (6) How did they let friends and family take precedence over loyalty to God?

Consider how the lessons learned in this Bible drama apply to our personal view of godly authority today: (1) How should we respond to the decisions of elders in the congregation, and why? (2) How can we counteract any improper motives within us? (3) How should we react to the imperfections of those appointed to take the lead? (4) What, should we do if a complaining spirit begins to develop in our heart? (5) How should we feel about any privileges we have been given? (6) Who should never take priority over our loyalty to God, and when might this become a difficult test for us?

After this information is discussed in the congregation, why not watch the video again? Let it doubly impress upon your mind the reasons why we must always respect Jehovah's authority!-Ps. 18:25; 37:28,

I've highlighted the point that is most likely to effect most of us on this board!

Comments welcome, anyone care to disect?

Qwerty

• Scully
    Scully

That's sickening. Loyalty to Jehovahâ„¢ = discarding friends and family members who do not swallow JW theology hook, line and sinker.

And they claim that they don't destroy families...

• qwerty
    qwerty

So this article is not really aimed directly at respecting the Elders, but but more at shunning family members!

1) How should we respond to the decisions of elders in the congregation, and why?

In other words...Limit your association with family members who have turned there back on the Organisation. Cut anyone of in the family who turn "Apostate" coz you might find things out we don't want you to know!

(2) How can we counteract any improper motives within us?

In other words......Ignor your God given conscience, not to shun any family member.

(6) Who should never take priority over our loyalty to God, and when might this become a difficult test for us?

In other words......Anyone you are close too that's turned their back on the Organisation. This might become difficult because, you conscience tells you to show Love!

Qwerty

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"(3) How should we react to the imperfections of those appointed to take the lead?"

And of course, the disclaimer, in case they decide to ease up on the shunning rules again.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Cicatrix- good point

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

My JW relatives decided that they'd bring and watch that video over my house a couple of weeks ago. I have to tell you it was sick....sick...sick....especially the leding questions asked and answered after. I was actually getting nauseaous watching it.

This piece of polished prophaghanda was squarely aimed at conveying the message not questioning Jah's authority = not questioning the WTBS.

• zoolander
    zoolander

I think this was one of the lines that made me realise the power of cult mind control because I had never thought about how this would actually work. Excuse me if I?m not 100% accurate, I?m running this off the top of head.

Assume the account of Moses happened, that would mean that Korah and his buds saw Moses do the ten plagues, parting of the

Put this up against the WT$, they have a bunch of failed prophecies, ever changing doctrines, child and mental abuse, so a member spots this and decides to get out of there. Most so called apostates want to get as cleanly away (naturally they try and help friends and family) as possible. I haven?t personally heard of anyone trying to take over the WT$ (maybe Ruderford) or apostate publishers asserting themselves as elders.

Another ante apostate example is David. The WT$ say that David had the chance to kill Saul but instead respected Jehovah?s arrangement. What they fail to mention is he just ran and hid. Maybe if someone wants to leave the madness ?cleanly? they plant a bomb at and ring them to say where it is. Perhaps then the GB will say ?no don?t disfellowship him/her, s/he followed correct Biblical procedure".

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

(6) How did they let friends and family take precedence over loyalty to God?

Guilty as charged. In the end I couldn't sacrifice my loving family and friends in trade for the dyfunctional unloving hypocrites in my congo. When I became "weak" in their eyes they went in for the kill and their unkindness and unloving attitude towards me and my family damaged my faith beyond repair. They believe that loyalty to God is loyalty to the Organization and when you stop going to the 5 tedious uninspiring Organizational meetings a week they drop you like a hot potato. They won't even give me the time of day now and no one even stops by to see if I am alive--they don't care...

Sorry about the rather bitter soap box this morning, but this articles like this really bring it all home for me and this one will give those behaving cruelly, towards family members and others, their delusional justification for doing so.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Cyber-sista

When I became "weak" in their eyes they went in for the kill and their unkindness and unloving attitude towards me and my family damaged my faith beyond repair.

Yep they've damaged the faith of many thousands if not millions.

Qwerty

• Farkel
    Farkel

: With what do you associate the ancient names Korah, Dathan, and Abiram?

Jesus Christ! Don't they have any new material? They've be replaying that story for forty years!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit