UPDATE: Good News About Nancy . . .

by Corvin 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

Hello everyone. Just stopping in to say hi and I?m OK. Thanks to those who sent concerned emails.

Update on Nancy: She is going through counseling at a voluntary facility where she will remain for another 1.5 weeks. We visit her often and she is very homesick by now. She is looking forward to a fresh start, which we are all working hard to give her. Lotz been happening, but time won?t permit me to go into everything.

Yesterday, I filed an emergency petition with the court to gain sole custody of my girls and to only allow supervised visitation with their mother, and away from step-dad. Today, Sara and I appeared before the judge. Because of such short notice, I had nobody to bring for support, but I know I had a few thousand with me in spirit.

Sara arrived with five "sisters" from her congregation. Amazing! In they came wearing their sunny flower-print meeting dresses, with their service bags, and a couple of the sisters were holding, in plain sight, Watchtower magazines! I was nervous until I saw the farce unfolding before me in the courtroom. The sight of them with their tight lips and arrogant expressions sent me into a rousing chorus of "Forward You Witnesses" inside my head. I could not suppress the smile. I knew three of the sisters for many years now, and it was ironic that they were there to support Sara?s lies and abuse, while all of their children, once they were grown, went bouncing all over the place with everything from drugs and alcohol to tattoos and body piercings. I think my demonstration at the Kingdom Hall last week offended them on a much more personal level and they were there because they know all their kids are in crisis over the org?s bs and they are pissed that I am out there exposing the abuse, thus, exposing them too.

Ours was the first case called. Seated at the tables, the judge read my petition. Five minutes passed and the judge simply asked me how Nancy attempted suicide. Then he turned to Sara and asked her to respond to my allegations. She opened with a lie and closed with a lie. She blamed the suicide attempt on me, etc . . . I stayed calm and waited.

The judge ordered that Sara was not to have ANY contact whatsoever with any of the children until after the hearing set for two weeks from today. He also appointed an attorney to thoroughly investigate the matter, obtain all medical documents and notes from doctors, psychiatrists and counselors that have been treating my girls. He will be interviewing all of us in a couple of days, and then make a recommendation to the judge. The judge said he always uses this attorney in his most difficult cases, and he said that this was one of them. This attorney, according to the judge, has only failed twice in all his years as a court appointed attorney for juveniles to resolve a custody case. He was red faced, but composed. He said these things while looking at Sara. He was warning her, it seemed.

By the way, the attorney service guy that helped me put my petition together was VERY familiar with JW's. He wouldn't say how, but I evaded stating that my ex was a JW until he asked me directly. His entire physiology changed and he went to work. He was very helpful in structuring just the right language to present to the judge in the comments to support my allegations. He seemed to be a subdued man on fire when helping me and I think I really lucked out.

Well, good news, eh? Just wanted to let you know that "Jehovah is blessing my efforts" to protect my children. I will tell you folks more when I get the time.

My Best,

Corvin

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I'm glad things are looking up for Nancy and your family. I wish you nothing but the best.

Because of such short notice, I had nobody to bring for support, but I know I had a few thousand with me in spirit.

And, I know I'm not alone, we're all behind you 100%.

CountryGuy

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

The judge ordered that Sara was not to have ANY contact whatsoever with any of the children until after the hearing set for two weeks from today. ? He was warning her, it seemed.

By the way, the attorney service guy that helped me put my petition together was VERY familiar with JW's. ? He seemed to be a subdued man on fire when helping me and I think I really lucked out.

Well, good news, eh?

Wow, that?s great Corvin!

May JehoverĀ© continue to bless you and your children

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were and Nancy were faring.

~ Paul

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I really hope this brings fast closure to the current crises and situation with Sara and the witnesses. Will Nancy be submitting an affidavit on her own wishes and perspective on recent events?

• kls
    kls

This is great news and if the judge has any sense i know he will give you permanent custody. He must all ready have some idea of what is really going on because your wife is not to have any contact for two weeks.,,,, YOU GO CORVIN AND FAMILY)))))))))))))

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Great to hear Corvin! You sound so much better and so much calmer now, that has to work in your favor.

Best of luck to you and your girls, they are very lucky to have such a wonderful and caring Father.

Kate

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

So good to hear your good news!!! Looking forward to much more in the future...

All my best to you and your girls

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hey Corvin,

Great news about Nancy. I hope that judge and the court appointed attorney will be able to see the damage that your ex has done to your daughter. If I had known that I had caused one of my children so much distress that they wanted to commit suicide, I would never forgive myself. It is unconscionable that your ex would lie.

Please let Nancy know that alot of people are rooting for her and we hope for her recovery. Knowing that complete strangers care about her and wish for her recovery may help her to heal. I hope that your ex will put aside her hostility and realize that it is your daughter that matters in all of this. I hope that you are granted custody.

Mr. Shakita

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thats Great news! I got worried there for a second when you said all those "sisters" came with her for support.

So glad that the judge saw through that!

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Corvin, we have been on pins & needles! Everyone was thinking about you & your family. Now it seems you are making great progress! You are a great dad Corvin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit