"Abstain from sex for a whole month"

by Simon 16 Replies latest social humour

• Simon
    Simon

A young newlywed couple wanted to join a Catholic church. The pastor told them, "We have special requirements for new parishioners. You must abstain from sex for one whole month."

The couple agreed and after two-and-a-half weeks returned to the Church.

When the Pastor ushers them into his office, the wife is crying and the husband obviously very depressed.

"You are back so soon... Is there a problem?" the pastor inquired.

"We are terribly ashamed to admit that we did not manage to abstain from sex for the required month" the young man replied sadly.

The pastor asked him what happened.

"Well, the first week was difficult.... However, we managed to abstain through sheer willpower. The second week was terrible, but with the use of prayer, we managed to abstain. However, the third week was unbearable. We tried cold showers, prayer, reading from the Bible.... anything to keep minds off carnal thoughts. One afternoon, my wife reached for a can of paint and dropped it. When she bent over to pick it up, I was overcome with lust and had my way with her right then and there." admitted the man, shamefacedly.

"You understand this means you will not be welcome in our church," stated the pastor.

We know." said the young man, hanging his head, "We're not welcome at B & Q anymore either." *

*B&Q = DIY Store

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

SIMON, THAT JOKE IS ABOUT 7 YRS OLD HERE IN THE STATES.

IS IT JUST NOW GETTING TO BRITS?

I NEED TO SEND YOU SOME JOKE BOOKS.

Outoftheorg

• ballistic
    ballistic

ahem, my jokes are so bad, Simon actually sent me a joke book!!!

(but I hate to tell you this Simon but I posted that joke on this very web site a couple of years ago!!!!)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Well, I am French and have been on this board for less than a couple of years, so... ROTFLMAO!

• Simon
    Simon

Doh! It got sent to me at work this week and made me laugh.

The old ones are the best

• Sassy
    Sassy

Well some of us weren't here year's ago!! And we sure can't post though every archive page to read them all!

I thought it was cute

• dorothy
    dorothy

I'm heading over to Home Depot now, I've gotta try this.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I heard the same joke 20 years ago (mygod that long ago????!!!)

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LOL- poor Simon- tough crowd eh?

• Scully
    Scully

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit