I can't sleep :S

by Elsewhere 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've never experienced insomnia before in my life. Lately I've been waking up around three or four in the morning and staying awake for several hours before going back to sleep shortly before my alarm goes off.

This is driving me nuts! I normally wake up feeling refreshed, but now I'm dragging myself out of bed and going through the day feeling sleepy.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Valerian Root has helped in the past but does not seem to help much anymore.

• Netty
    Netty

I get it too, like right now, 3:00 a.m.here. I make myself a cup of chamomille tea with warm milk, take a couple of ibuprofrin sometimes with it.

• Celia
    Celia

Poor Elsewhere, I know how you feel. I have the same problem once in a while. Sometimes I wake up around 2 am and can't go back to sleep. Sometimes taking an aspirin or two helps.

• zev
    zev

i wonder if its something in the water?

i woke at 2am and couldn't sleep either.

i took the opportunity to put my cushcraft r7000 antenna together. had to clean up the joints and check all the tightness of every nut bolt and screw.

its going up this weekend.

i'll be able to radiate a signal clear across the planet. on less power than it takes to light a light bulb.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Else:

I suffer from insomnia quite often. I find that if I get up, grab a bite to eat and a cup of hot tea, then go back to bed and read for a while..... then I still don't get to sleep, but at least I make use of the time!

Zev:

Hmm... OK.. I have been looking into Wifi antennas recently, and after some research, I found that the maximum I can go to on an antenna is 20dBi with my wireless router. The ones it ships with are about six inches long, and are 2dBi. After looking at the specs for that big ass antenna of yours, I noticed it is only 3dBi? Is this correct? If so... how? lol... it looks like it should be about a 100dBi... lol

FMZ

• El blanko
    El blanko

It will pass - I get this from time to time.

Break the moment - get up and do something - read, watch a film, listen to music. Get out of the bedroom area for a bit. Lean out a window - read the Bible (hehe) ...

Don't worry, many of us get these times.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Country Girl started a topic on this same problem a day or so ago. You may want to read some of the suggestions she got.

I find what helps me (and I have loads of experience with this problem) is intense physical activity, such as a good cardio workout at the gym, earlier in the day; I tend to have an easier time sleeping on days I've worked out.

If that fails, sip one- just one- beer while relaxing in a hot bath. Too much alcohol or medication will make you feel zonked, but the quality and depth of your sleep won't be as good. Good luck with this; I hope you have sweet dreams tonight.

• blondie
    blondie

Milk or cheddar cheese helps.

• kat2u
    kat2u

warm milk with honey....I wake up at 3 or 4 almost every nite.
  • JAVA
    JAVA

I don't know if you've got any Watchtower magazines around, but that should put most to sleep in less than a minute (if you don't get upset first).

Michael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit