Five Meetings and David's Five Stones (and other goofy things)...

by Confucious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Confucious
    Confucious

I like skipping meals.

• blondie
    blondie
    what did the elders have to use?

The elders would use the lame illustration that the CO used, VM.

I can remember once 3 visiting speakers in a row used the illustration the CO had used during his visit.

Blondie

• Confucious
    Confucious

Blondie,

That is TRUE...

However, a CRAFTY MS will think of his OWN Bullshit...

• VM44
    VM44

OK, the "story" is in the very first post!

I should read threads from the top down rather than from the bottom up!

--VM44

• Annanias
    Annanias

You guys never got the mama duck and her ducklings story? You guys will go absolutely ape dodo over this one. Got it from a CO. I thought about it from many different angles, but all I ever got was a bunch of question marks popping out of my head. The story is about the CO at this really idyllic place by a stream and he sees a mama duck paddling in the water and she had five little baby ducks swimming behind her. So he steps on this twig and it makes a noise and the mother duck lets out one loud "quack" and she and the baby ducks instantly turned away. See, we were explained to, the baby ducks did just what they were told "immediately and without questioning" because it meant their survival. The moral is, of course, the mama duck is the org, and we're the baby ducks and we should obey just like they did because it means our survival.

Now, I'm sorry, but things like that really stimulate my smart-ass gland, but I stayed cool. I didn't ask him if he was trying to kill the ducks. I couldn't help but think of that National Lampoon joke: I felt sorry that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

one MS in our hall had a gem. Warning about listening to apostate ideas, we shouldn't think that these can go in 1 ear and out the other without harm... Try that with a bullet!!

self-righteous bs

• Confucious
    Confucious

Ha!!! Forgot about the duck one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit