My friend just Dissasociated himself - shocker!

by DaCheech 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Just a little background without mentioning names (this guys son is now a boxer, rated #15th in the world in the 140# class, and seen on Shobox 3 months ago)

Well he's had a bumpy ride, including divorce, and children from 1st marriage not talking to him anymore. Well I have not seen him in 1 year, but have seen his 2 sons at my

District Assembly 1 month ago (1 is a boxer). But they have announced in my hall in which is 60 miles from his that due to loose conduct he has dissassociated himself.

Mentioned him by name, then at the local needs talk the same night explained the implications of dissassociating yourself!

Is this normal, I have never seen this before!

If there was a way for me to say " I wish you the best"............ I would!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mentioning the reason is usually a no-no.
    I'm suprised they mentioned "loose conduct".
    Of course that's a cover-all that could almost relate to anything, but the tongues will be wagging that it's something sexual...

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I've never heard of it, especially someone "disassociating himself FOR" something. Loose conduct is a catch-all. Can be used for anything. An example:

Brother Hasagrudge: "Two people witnessed you looking at someone the wrong way. That's loose conduct. See Ya!"

• Mary
    Mary

Seeing as so many are leaving Borgdom Land in record numbers, I think the Society should have a standard form that you can have to fill out when you want to leave. It'd save a ton of time. Something like this:

WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY

Disassociation Form

Name:

Date of Your Baptism (not that we give a damn now):

Congregation You're Dying to Leave:

1. When did you decide you want to DA yourself?

__ today

____ Quite a While Ago

____ at the Strip Club during a Lap Dance

____ After watching Dateline

____ I never wanted to be a Dub in the first place, but I was born into this religion and had no frigging choice!

2. Why do you want to DA yourself?

___ Cause I'm sick of going to 5 freakin' meetings a week

___ I hate Field Service and have faked my hours for the last 15 years

___ I read Crisis of Conscience.....'nuff said

___ I found out that most of your doctrines are bullshit

___ I managed to piss of the local Elder body

___ none of your damn business

3. Is there anything we can do to get you to stay?

___ Ya, let us elect the leadership

___ Get rid of 3 of the 5 meetings and I might consider it

___ Get rid of Field Service

___ Try disfellowshipping pedophiles

___ Change your doctrines

___ You gotta be kidding me?

Thank you for filling out our Disassociation Form. Your request will be processed within 6-8 weeks. In the meantime, your congregation will be notified and instructed to treat you like shit for the next 6-8 weeks. By signing the form below, you give up all your Rights to Eternal Life in Paradise, which is right around the corner.

Sign Your Life Away Here

• Panda
    Panda

Mary, I loved your DA form. But of course that would make it too easy to leave AND by having such a form would show the need to reduce DA paperwork, which means you know what ... people are leaving by the droves!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I recall hearing that people that joined the military were not disfellowshipped, but were considered to have disassociated themselves by their actions. I don't have any quotes from the OM book or anything, but that sounds familiar. Perhaps your friend is in the same boat? It doesn't sound like he wrote a letter, it sounds like something automatic happened.

Does he know he's DA'd?

• vitty
    vitty

Does anyone have statistics of how many DA and DF there are each year and whatis the %increase each year, although it wouldn`t give the true number leaving because of the many who just fade.

there were nearly 1 million when i joined, over 6 million now, i`d just like to know the turnover numbers.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Mary, thanks it was great

Also action that go against WT teaching are ground for disfellowshipped, thus if you do these things and you do not show up for JC you can be

labeled as dissasociating yourself

• blondie
    blondie

According to this blurb in the Elders Manual, Pay Attention to the Flock

Loose conduct.

Term not restricted to sexual immorality. (Gal. 5:19, Ref.. Bi., ftn.; 2 Pet. 2:7, Ref.. Bi ., ftn.; w 83
    3/15 p. 31;
    w 73 9/15 pp. 574-6 ; it -2 p. 264)

This is brought out further here. I remember a ex-JW poster once saying that had been DF?d under this definition of loose conduct.

w73 9/15 p. 574 Questions from Readers ***

One might assume that this term (from the Greek word a·sel´gei·a) refers to conduct that is immoral but in a minor or not so serious way. This, however, is not the case according to the available evidence in Scripture and also in the ancient secular Greek writings in which this word appears. It is not limited to acts of sexual immorality . And, rather than relating to bad conduct of a somewhat petty or minor nature, it apparently describes acts that reflect a brazen attitude, one that betrays disrespect, disregard or even contempt for standards, laws and authority. The ?looseness? of the conduct, therefore, is not due principally to weakness but results from an attitude of disrespect, insolence or shamelessness.

Similarly the disciple Jude writes of ungodly men who used the undeserved kindness of God as "an excuse for loose conduct," and he

stresses their disrespectful, disdainful and contemptuous attitude toward righteous authority. Not just their "defiling the flesh" in sexual and other immorality, but also their "disregarding lordship and speaking abusively of glorious ones" all constituted "loose conduct." They were "animalistic men, not having spirituality." ?Jude 4-8, 19.

it-2 p. 265 Loose Conduct ***

Nevertheless, some claiming to be servants of God and Christ turn from the way of light and

display a brazen, defiant attitude toward divine law and authority
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ahhh... so he refused to take any crap from the elders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit