Thank You My Friends.

by Englishman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

The postman has just brought another batch of get-well cards. Thank you so much, my friends, there have been so many, most without a return addy that I feel quite overwhelmed by all of this kindness.

Just an update: (not for the squeamish)

I'm recovering well, although I can't walk more than about 50 yards at present. The horizontal wound became slightly infected about a week ago, so the nurses very kindly re-opened it to drain it. They pack the gash with a silver and seaweed impregnated wad about 6 or 7 inches long so that the cut will heal from the bottom to the top and granulate with the muscle below. Everyday, the nurse comes and peels out the wad, which is now all nice and bloody and looks like an elongated anchovy. Then she packs in another one and seals me up again. I have a nice cuppa tea to recover and then get back on the net!

Best regards,

Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hiya pal.

Glad to hear you're still home, but sorry to hear the healing is taking its time.
    Best wishes,
    Ross.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I am fairly new here and not very familiar with many yet, but please accept my warmest thoughts and best wishes for your health and well-being!

--Merry

• shotgun
    shotgun

Thank-you for your graphic up-date, I can throw my can of sardines I was saving for lunch in the trash now.

Glad your feeling better, too bad about the infection...please if any more infections break out be a little more mysterious in your description.

BTW..is it mere coincidence that pubs in the UK are about 50 yards apart.

I'm recovering well, although I can't walk more than about 50 yards at present.
  • seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Englishman, were the doctors concerned about the new infection that developed? Did they have to come up with new or combined antibiotics to fight this one?

I'm so glad to be hearing from you though. So reassuring!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hey Mike,

Glad you are improving. And that was a very nice description of your wound therapy.

Joy was showing me the pics from your last BBO. She has a good one of your famous smile.

Take care.

Steve

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((Mike))) I'm glad you are heading in the healing direction !! Enjoy your tea and rest up !!

Silver and seaweed?????

Lisa

• little witch
    little witch

Good to hear from you again Eman. My thoughts and prayers are sent your way as you continue your recovery. Get Well Soon friend.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Sure glad you are back with us here. I wish you a speedy recovery. I don't think I could handle something like you are going through. I've never had a sickness problem but I'm sure my time is running out.

Ken P.

• desib77
    desib77

Glad to hear you are recovering well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit