No New Order?

by techton 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Monski
    Monski

Why are we so concerned with why we are here and what is our purpose? WE ARE HERE and that's all that matters. We have about 70-100 years if we are lucky. Don't blow it all by being concerned that there may be something afterwards. What if there isn't and more importantly, why should there be? We are blessed with intelligence. At least I think it is a blessing. Animals don't care about where they come from and why they are here. They just try to survive and further their species by producing offspring. Why don't we just try to make the best of what we have now? Live a good life, prosper yourself and your family and be happy. Don't tread on other people, be kind to them. If we followed these simple rules there would be no problems and no cause for debate. We do not need religion - just common sense!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    In the Christian religion there is an obsessive fixation on unworthiness seeking approval.

I have to disagree with the generalising of "the Christian religion". Firstly I contest that jws are a "Christian religion", as Christ appears to be simply a by-word of the sect, and secondly, the 'fixation' spoken of is akin to that found in fundamentalist sects and cults of Christian self-association, or among the same type of thinking within some sections of main stream groups, particularly those found in the U.S.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

What are my convictions now?I am convinced that i will go back to what i was before i was conceived.

I didn't exist.

I have enabled a 'fraud in the name of God' cult to rob me of my life-long assets.

• Terry
    Terry
    In the Christian religion there is an obsessive fixation on unworthiness seeking approval.

I have to disagree with the generalising of "the Christian religion". Firstly I contest that jws are a "Christian religion", as Christ appears to be simply a by-word of the sect, and secondly, the 'fixation' spoken of is akin to that found in fundamentalist sects and cults of Christian self-association, or among the same type of thinking within some sections of main stream groups, particularly those found in the U.S.

Hmmm, can you give me one counter example?

Just one? Some facet of Christianity (by name or denomination) that does not begin with the premise of unworthiness of humanity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit