Head of the House or an Ayatollah?

by Englishman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

My JW elder dad was an.'angel on the street devil at home'.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my dad was the head of our home and it worked. because he and mother had a lot of respect for each other. mom spoke up when she wanted and he always listened. he had a mild temper and rarely if ever raised his voice. they worked together to raise the kids and he'd never make a life changing decision without taking everyone into consideration.we'd get a swat on the behind as little kids but dang once we were around 7 or 8 if we misbehaved we had a lecture or had to do chores..ICK! we had a happy home and 4 of 7 are still witnesses. i guess you could say 5 of seven cuz i'm not df'd. it was a shock though to all of us gals when we married "good" witness men and they turned out to be bull headed tyrants not having had the good raising we had . the boys all married and all of them are still married cuz they treat their wives and kids right.

(useing this opportunity to tell any young witness girls that may read here.. dont marry just to get out of the house or just to have sex. get out and build yourself a life and find out who you are. marrying the first bus that stops may not take you where you wanna go)

2 of us gals have divorced our "witless" husbands and are better off for it.

recently a young lady (early 20s) in our old home cong got married to a worldly boy she'd known all her life. a few of the more clueless bemoaned the fact that he wasnt a witness and at a family gathering i spoke up and said " look how good marrying a witness did for us gals, i think the kid is on to something" which got snickers of agreement from all of the lesser self righteous ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit