Switching Names

by desib77 12 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

I've recently moved to another city and have started introducing myself by my middle name. I think I have decided to start using my middle name and leave my first "biblical" name behind. This has been sort of a fresh start for me.

What is involved in doing this? Since it is my middle name I don't have to do anything to complex like a name change do I? I want to be able to use it on my checking account and sign it as my signature. Anyone know what I would need to do?

• kls
    kls

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DESIB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU SWEETIE

• desib77
    desib77

Thanks, KLS....

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't know from experience, desib77, but maybe this will help; hope so!

http://www.legaladviceline.com/namechangeforms.htm

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Seeit - what are you holding in your avatar?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Laws may differ where you are but if you already "own" the name there shouldn't be a problem using it legally.

Actually here in Canada you can use any first name without registering it and once people know you for several years with the new name then you can easily and for a price have it changed. It is a little more complicated for last names.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh and Happy Birthday

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Happy Birthday mama!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

confusedjw, I believe it's a young leopard. What a dream, huh?? Always been mine.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I've easily used different first names, a combination of last names, or just one last name. They become A.K.A.'s. I think you can use your middle name on your checking account and stuff.. shouldn't bother them!

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit