Were There Any Scriptures or Understandings That U Just Couldn't Comprehend

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

4 as they were preparing to retire for the night, the men of the city-yes Sodomites, young and old from all over the city-surrounded the house and 5. shouted to Lot, "Bring out those men to us so we can rape them." 6. Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. 7. "Please, fellows," he begged, "don't do such a wicked thing. 8. "Look-I have two young virgin daughters, and I'll surrender them to you to do with as you wish. But leave these men alone, for they are under my protection."

Genesis 19:6-8

And under these circumstances, why the heck did his daughters later decide they wanted children from this man????

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"Why an Israelite man could marry a non-Israelite woman as long as she wasn't a Canaanite (see recent QFR which is the same old crap)."

Good points, Blondie!! Hey is this QFR posted anywhere on this site?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Off the main subject, bu still holds deep in my mind:

In Africa where polygamy is still practiced: When years ago the JW's wanted to enforce our western society rule on brothers there.... Listen to what

happened: There were plenty of brothers doing this, but at an assembly the announcement was made, "to stay only with your first wife and leave the rest"

I know this is wrong, but if those women were already attached to this man, is it not worst to force them to leave?

Even if these brothers had to continue to provide for these "divorcees" don't you think there are "bonds and feelings involved"? If I was one of those women

I would feeld awful, maybe even commit suicide. Who would marry me in that kind of society?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HOW MANY OF YOU DID AS I DID, WHEN CONFRONTED WITH ALL THESE CONTRADICTORY "READ FOOLISH" ASSERTIONS CAME IN THE PUBLICATIONS AND WERE PART OF THE STUDY ARRANGEMENT??

AT SOME POINT EARLY IN LIFE, I DECIDED TO JUST TAKE IT AND BELIEVE IT EVEN THOUGH I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND IT.

I THOUGHT IT WAS TOO DEEP FOR ME TO MASTER AND TOO TIME CONSUMING AND BORING.

THIS MAKES ME WONDER AT TIMES, WAS THERE A PURPOSEFUL ATTEMPT HERE TO KEEP PEOPLE CONFUSED AND TRAPPED?

Outoftheorg

• lawrence
    lawrence

The tales of David and how "Jehovah loved David."

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Jesus said "No one nows the day nor the hour, only God knows the appointed time."

hhhhhhhhmmmmmm, 1914, 1925, 1951, 1975, 1995, 2034, etc etc etc.

I remember as a little kid, hearing all the 1975 stuff, and thinking, its not gonna happen, because everyone thinks it will, I remember waking up January 1, 1976, and smiling to myself.

.............................................................................................

I THOUGHT IT WAS TOO DEEP
    i love that expression, wtf is that suppose to mean, used to hear it from so many bros and sisters, quite funny.
  • Mary
    Mary

I could never understand:

1. Why, if Solomon committed "apostasy" against God, then why is there a book named after him in the Bible?;
    2. Why Eve didn't think it a tad bit strange that a snake was talking to her;
    3. Why Joseph was blessed by God, not through his own people, but rather by the Egyptians who worshipped false gods;
    4. Where did Pharaoh's daughter tell her father she got Moses from? If she was a widow at the time she found him floating down the Nile, wouldn't SOMEONE have inquired as to where a healthy 3 month old baby came from?
    5. Why is the book of Genesis, which supposedly tells of mankinds' beginnings, so sketchy on details?
    6. Where was Jesus from the age of 12 to to the age of 30?
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

You see its not fair to read "questions from readers" on the WT mags.... Why?

Because they know what they want the answer to be, so they fill in the rest to get to their goal!

It's like when there is a prophecy, now you witness something that can be construed as the fullfillment, thus you come up with

some funky chronology to meet your result!

• nowisee
    nowisee

(this is a funny thread.)

i never could understand why humans are made to have all their hormones kick in and start raging in pre-teen or early adolescent years when virtually no one is mature enough to marry at that point in life, much less have children and raise them well.

i never could understand how you are supposed to abstain and refrain from sex until the "i do" and then all of a sudden you are supposed to have a normal, healthy, enthusiastic sex life.

• minimus
    minimus

Why are Jehovah's Witnesses sooo stuck on the "Hebrew Scriptures"? I also get a laugh when I hear how JWs "say" they "love" everyone yet do nothing for anyone other than "give them everlasting life".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit