Were There Any Scriptures or Understandings That U Just Couldn't Comprehend

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

too many of them...... There a "large army". The menfolk know better than to try to stifle them.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Oh, and if anyone can claim to understand Ezekiel, Daniel, or Revelations, I think they must be stoned (but do I mean that literally or figuratively? recreationally of judicially?)

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Samson's great strength in his hair. I tried growing and cutting my hair and found no difference.

Number chapter 31 when Moses was charged to take vengence against the Midianites for having sexual relations with the Jewish men, thus losing favor with Jehovah. I mean, the men could not keep it in their pants and um...(why is it always the womans fault?) Anyway, the scripture continues at verse 17 where the men returned from battle with the women and children. Moses ordered the men to kill the baby boys and their mothers (non-virgins) but keep all the virgins so they could have sex with them later. Wasn't that how they got in trouble in the first place?

Angels having sex with humans. Why would a spirit creature designed to be sexless want sex? Were they created with a sexual desire and told no...you cant have any?

Hello!

• minimus
    minimus

John 1:1 is another troublesome verse. The Society's view of beards is silly since Jesus and C.T. Russell had them. I never could see why a brother giving a public talk needed to wear a suit but the brother conducting the Watchtower or any other meeting didn't......

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

That's funny, Minimus! The women are a large army and the men are pacifists! I'm so confused...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

How can plants like cacti, freshwater algea and prarie grass survive getting flooded without dying.

• blondie
    blondie
    Why would a spirit creature designed to be sexless want sex?

CLV, I figured it wasn't so much sex as wanting to have sons to carry on their family line. That is the one thing special about being human, having children.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Ah, but Watchtower says the demons are "sex-crazed"!

• blondie
    blondie

That's because the WT is sex-crazed.

To me it was just a desire to have chldren, the one thing they couldn't as angels

Blondie

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Yeah Blondie I can see the point. But the scriptures claim that they were looking at the women and saw that they were beautiful and this is what inspired them to have sexual relations. Maybe they wanted beautiful children and they turned out to be hideous monsters. I dunno

Plus, I was always taught that demons were sex crazed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit