What Brand of Toothpaste do you use?

by CountryGuy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I use Pearl Drops Tooth Polish and my dentist says he wishes all people's teeth were clean as mine. Problem is that it's hard to find it, too. I have just found it on line and will order a boatload of it. You can find almost anything on line and shop for a better price.

You can also go to the website of the company that makes pepsident and look for stores in your area that sell it.

Flyin'

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

Arm & Hammer ADVANCE WHITE. One of the best on the market IMHO.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Tom's of Maine whitening

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Hey Min,
    I got the joke. And, I thought it was funny! It had to be invented here... if it were invented anywhere else it would have been the "Teethbrush!" I was just trying to have a witty comeback... but I guess it didn't come across that way. Sorry about that.

Heather,
    That's a cool idea! I didn't even think about that. Cutting WalMart out of my life has thrown me a bit! I didn't realize how indoctrinated I was to the big yellow smiley.

Country

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Cutting WalMart out of my life has thrown me a bit!

CG, are you boycotting Wal-mart?I'm asking because I'm curious about why you stopped shopping there. Super Wal-mart was where I always got my Pearl Drops. For a while the local regular Wal-mart sold them. They were selling them buy one get one free and so I stocked up. But alas, I am on my last bottle and the local WM doesn't carry it anymore. Wal-mart does have very good prices. Bottom line for me is that on my pay I have to go to the places where I can find the bargains.

Heather

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    CG, are you boycotting Wal-mart?

Yep. And let me tell you, it ain't easy. I'd been sick of WM for a while. One week they have something, then the next they wouldn't have it. You never knew if you could get all the items on your list. And, it isn't that WM doesn't carry the items anymore... It's the local Supercenter, there's still a label for them on the front of the shelves. The stockers just shove some crap in that spot, so when their scanner person goes through looking for holes, there isn't one so they don't scan that label. Thus, their system doesn't order more stock.

I'd been considering just going to a WM Supercenter not too far from here, but decided to just avoid WM all together. I read in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette where WalMart's executives had each donated the limit of $2000 to the Bush campaign. And, that WM's PAC was a huge supporter of the Repubican National Committee. Of course, this makes sense to me. Bush is anti-labor; Kerry is pro-labor. It is in their best interest to keep W. in office. And, I repsect their choice. It's their money, they can do with it what they want. But, so can I. They were getting over $400 a month from me. I know that's a drop in the bucket. I hear the local Supercenter does $1 million days on a regular basis. But.. if enough people get fed up and start shopping at Kroger or Albertson's or HEB or Safeway or some Mom and Pop's, then maybe WM will have to rethink their positions.

Wal-mart does have very good prices. Bottom line for me is that on my pay I have to go to the places where I can find the bargains.

I totally understand. There are so many people in that same boat. If I hadn't just gotten a promotion and raise at work, I couldn't have done this. My mother-in-law is on a fixed-income, so she shops at WM because her money does stretch more.

Country

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

there are several supermarkets here.

Some of the biggest are in "war" which each other.

It is not widely known, but they are owned by the same corporation. (C1000 and Albert Heyn)

Wonder if the big corporations at your place haven't got interests in Wall Markt also ?

There is a low budget drugstore chain here: "Kruidvat" I am buying there food supplements but they are not allways available. So when I see them at stock, I am buying 4 or 5 jars even when I don't need them at the moment..........

as for which toothpaste: I use Parodontax - its salty, pink coloured, with echinacea - and I like it.

• Knotty_boy
    Knotty_boy

Preperation H®

• Corvin
    Corvin

I dip my tooth brush in paroxide, then fill it full of baking soda, then put some Colgate on it . . . then take a sip of paroxide (no swallowing the paroxide) then I brush away.

mmmm . . . clean!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit