Ozzie's 110th Weekend Poll

by ozziepost 13 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

25. Other

Being an elder's kid was all I ever needed..

• Soledad
    Soledad

It didn't matter what I did or didn't do, I was never good enough. Not having a father in "the truth" got me labled as "spritually weak."

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    . I always thought it was because they played the music so softly and no one wanted to be heard above the music.

Yeah, but when everyone is off-key, especially the song leader Brother O at the mike, it didn't matter. We were thoroughly enjoying ourselves singing "Jehovah's Praises". I'm sure we sounded like the Pentacostal church down the street on Sundays, except this was Thur. night!

We did have some fun, inspite of the WTS.

Brenda

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

-Getting baptized (what's taking you so long? you don't have DOUBTS*, do you*?)

*DOUBTS said in the same tone of voice as DEMONS

-Pioneering (24/7)

-Not "looking back" at boys, college, or anything else you have to leave behind to be "in good standing" (brain, heart, libido)

-Knowing all the right "catch phrases" and liberally sprinkling them throughout even the most casual conversation

-Wearing feminine yet conservative clothes (if you're female, that is)

-Refraining from using Strong's Concordance to prepare yet another stale and meaningless "talk"

-Remembering to gesture appropriately while giving a talk

-Refraining from showing too much compassion to the weak, the doubtful, and the depressed (leave that to the elders)

-Raise your hand about every 5th or 6th question (not too much, not too little) and rearrange the material in the paragraphs just enough so that it shows that you ARE thinking but not INDEPENDENTLY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit