Another one of my art pieces (read the warning)

by seven006 18 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

In my last thread where I posted a link to some of my recent art, in the last post in that thread, I said I would post a piece of art I have wanted to do for many years. This next piece may upset a few of my Christian friends, for that, I ask that you please do not click on the link. I have learned to separate people as the person they are, and not as the religious belief system they have settled on.

This piece may not do, or say, anything beyond the surface visual some may see as a pretty colored and well executed piece of art. That is absolutely fine with me. To me, it is a personal statement coming from personal feelings about personal loss. In that aspect, it speaks volumes to me and as much as it's symbolism represents a visual oxymoron to some, it represents my dislike for religion in general, but not a dislike for those individuals I call friends who need a religion, belief, or faith to be the kind humans they are.

http://www.maloneillustration.com/give1.html

Dave

• shotgun
    shotgun

Dave

I like the use of money although Freddy brown shoes would frown on you using a cross instead of a stake.

Intended or not, I see in this work the power and corruption money bring and the power and corruption religion has wielded throughout history...they're almost the same.

Maybe the verse, the love of money is the root of all evil would apply and could be altered when thinking of religion...the love of power is the root of all evil.

Nice work...thanks for the insight into the mind of the artist as well...it adds to my perspective.

Shotgun

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Fascinating image. it conjures all kind sof images and thoughts in my mind

Sacrificed women in the name of religion,
    by taking their lives or their souls or both.
    Asked to bare all in the name of their God.
    Used as examples to the flock,
    then disgarded as unworthy.

Devoted to their lives to gods
    Their lives they give up
    Religion taking the place
    Of love and family and home
    Then disgarded as unworthy

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Very nice Dave !!!

XW

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

All I can say is wow!

Do you have a web page with all of your work on it?

• Lady Lee
  • seven006
    seven006

Shotgun,

That's not even a light sliver of what goes on in my mind, why do you think I never sleep?

Lee,

You are exactly right on several levels.

Stef,

I took my last website with all of my commercial work on it down over a year ago. I haven't had a chance to rebuild another one since. I haven't done any new fine art work for almost 8 years. When I get a few more models and do several more 3D backgrounds I'll put up another site with new work.

I just got a call from the model I used for the beginning of this series. She asked me to make sure her face in the cross image is unrecognizable. She is not a religious person at all but is afraid her grandmother (who was a Christian) who recently died, is going to see the print and recognize it as her. She has no problem with the completely nude issue but the cross covered in money bugs her.

People never cease to amaze me.

Dave

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As an non-American I didn't notice the money

Hmmm that brings in a whole other aspect. Might wind up writing another verse

Dave it isn't often lately that images inspire me to write but that one just flowed.

Unfortunately the formatting of the poem didn't stick

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Nice theme Dave, and I love the coloring.

• Panda
    Panda

Dave, This is lovely. Everyone will see something different. I have got to share what I see.

The god of the US is money. The sacrificial woman may represent all of the promising possibilities in the woman because she is in her sexual prime, yet the god has taken her rather than allow her to reproduce the arts and kindness which were evidenced by her female form. I also see the world around her turning into autumn while she had represented spring and light and growth and beauty. She is no sacrificial virgin but a fully vuloptuous sexually charged woman murdered by the society she is surrounded by and unable to enjoy her own sexuality... thats what I see and more too but I won't go completely taking up gigabytes. It is wonderful to create such a piece... everyone sees their own experiences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit