Russian school children hostage ends

by Simon 43 Replies latest social current

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The news here said perhaps as many as 800 children.

What really sickens me is that somewhere people are rejoicing beliving this is for their holy cause

• IronGland
    IronGland

Its time.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No cause is noble or worthy enough to do something as monstrous as this.

I think it is for men who would do something as cowardly and evil as this that the concept of hell was invented. Sometimes death just isn't enough.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Religion is the real root of all evil

• simplesally
    simplesally

DaCheech, I thought this was politically motivated, not religious, if not then what are they fighting over........

• Panda
    Panda

It's religious and once again proves that religion foments this type of brutality. As long as those children are members of "the others" it's glorious to murder them. Any religion is by definition superstition feeding its neophytes fear of differences which breeds hatred of other religions/cultures/ people.

Last I saw the news claimed 200 dead.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Perhaps final proof that "a hard-line approach" does NOT work. It never has and it never will. All it does is escalate the violence and inhumanity.

And giving into terrorists demands also does not work Simon. Actually the British way is probably best - like with the IRA - not hardline but not soft either - just never, never give up as Sir Winston Churchill once said.

• Pole
    Pole

It's not a religious issue at all!!!

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Actually the British way is probably best - like with the IRA - not hardline but not soft either

The years of military action did nothing though other than perpetuate the conflict and the killing, what finally changed things was dialog - even giving former terrorists some of what they want (shared power in the case of N.I.)

• Simon
    Simon

Oops - that was me logged on as Angharad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit