A rock and a hard place!

by neverthere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• neverthere
    neverthere

I had a job interview the other day and I may just get the job but here is my dilema. I can't find affordable daycare. Any daycare I could afford is FULL. That includes all the home daycares. The job I am getting just does not allow for me to pay over 250 a week for daycare!

So what do I do if I stay home? I tried the home daycare thing and it just didn't work out (that could have been the kids I was sitting, they were super spoiled). Any suggestions

Diana

• jgnat
    jgnat

The single parent dream is to work from home and take care of the little ones at the same time. I spent some time researching that option. I figure it is a dead-end unless you are one of those neversleepsupersalesperson types. Any successful home-based business requires dedication, a years' investment with little return, and you must be on the lookout for the next job as you work on your current contract. Does that situation sound like you will have time for your child as well?

I figure the ideal solution for a single parent is to work for a large company with a generous benefit package. The most forward-thinking companies may have an on-site day care.

Or you wait until your dearie is of school age and take a job with school hours.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My friend's staying home and making a living via ebay!

• RR
    RR

Put a cross on your front lawn and start "The Church of Neverthere"

• kls
    kls

I know in some states depending on your income, you can get help financially through the state for child care .

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

treshappy,

My friend's staying home and making a living via ebay!

Details! We want details! Gently Feral

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My friend makes her own line of purses and sells them via ebay.

• neverthere
    neverthere

Though I am not a single parent anymore it was cheaper when I had the boys in daycare than my dd. What with mortgages etc my hubby is barely making ends meet and he has a very good job. (He is a tradesman).

I do sell on Ebay too but find that it is really hit and miss since I resell items.

LMAO at RR though, too funny!

Keep the suggestions coming though, I do appreciate it very very much!

Diana

• jgnat
    jgnat

OOOPS! Not a single parent. My bad.

You are probably right. You would need to pull professional wages to afford to go back to work. I will go look for some home based business links.

• RR
    RR

Hey, I have two kids, my son is in daycare, cost me $999.00 a month, my daughter will be going to the after school program and that will cost us $350.00. If the adoption goes through, I'll have another bill.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit