Hot Saucing your children

by desib77 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What is the point of that? What is that supposed to teach a child?

It teaches them how to be cruel to their children... from one generation to the next...

• Princess
    Princess

My kids think I'm mean because I only allow one hour of TV or Computer or Gameboy a day.

Hmmm, no, they're right...I am mean.

• desib77
    desib77

Some parents can be very creative with punishment. I knew one grandparent who sat her grandson behind the couch and then turned on the tv so that he could hear the cartoons but couldn't watch them.

• Valis
    Valis

Well, what about the old fashioned washing the mouth out with soap? Happened to me one time and I never cussed around my grandmother again...*LOL* Giving a bit of hotsauce is better than getting a spanking I think...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I hope I don't regret posting this but I sucked my thumb until I was around 5-6. To break the habit my mom would put hot sauce on my thumb and make me put my thumb in my mouth. God I hated that. I told my dad and he had his lawyer write her a letter. She never did it again. Such a cruel thing to do to a child.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Some parents can be very creative with punishment. I knew one grandparent who sat her grandson behind the couch and then turned on the tv so that he could hear the cartoons but couldn't watch them.

lol... now THAT is funny!

• desib77
    desib77

He didn't think so.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I think it's cruel to do this to a child. If a child is not use to spicy food it is very painfull and to me it is abuse.

My kids? Hell, if you put hot sauce in their mouth they would respond with.............."keep it coming" We eat jalepino's regularly so it doesn't faze them.

• need for speed
    need for speed

It would not bother me after the hits with a mettle spoon that cut me. It would bother kids that are not use to hot things i love it so it would be a positive to me.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    That chick that played "Blair" on Facts Of Life, is a big advocate of hot-saucing kids.

I'm not suprised. She's a fundy. Spare the hot sauce, spoil the kid, and all that. However, I disagree that it teaches kids how to be cruel to their own children. My Dad did terribly cruel things to me, and my siblings, as children, and I vowed as a child that I would never do those things to my own kids. It's a vow I have kept. As for hot sauce, I'm extremely sensitive to spicy, or hot, food. It would have been cruel beyond belief if done to me. And, I would have carried the resentment until the day I died. My kids probably would not have been affected much. They like spicy foods. (Sorry about the italics, I couldn't get it to turn off)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit