Update on stuff - mum's had a fourth stroke

by acsot 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Thank You Ascot for the welcome.

I also want to send a belated welcome as well to all the others who've welcomed me before like Sherry and Corvin etc.

• hooberus
    hooberus

I will pray for your mom.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's nice to hear from you, ac. I thought that you were moving on. Going through the strokes w your mum must have been tough.

S

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Acsot....I am very sorry your mom and you are suffering. I am thinking of you and pray for the best for you.

-BONEZZ

• Panda
    Panda

A, My feelings go out to you and your Mom. My personal experience with this was that my Mom suddenly dropped dead from cardiac arrest. In one sense I wish she had been around for me to take care of her. But maybe thats selfish? I don't know. But I do know that you are already suffering and grieving because so much is gone. Hugs to you from Panda

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Thanks for the update Ascot. Sorry that you are going through one of life's valleys - you are in my thoughts and prayers.....

Double Edge

• acsot
    acsot

Thanks for the kind words and prayers. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better if she had died as a result of the last stroke. We all just have to play the cards we're dealt as best we can.

Satanus, in a way I'm moving on. I'll be going to a book launch tonight downtown, my cousin invited me, plus I'm going to her place for supper on Friday, where I'll meet her (grown-up!) son and my other cousin whom I haven't seen in years and years!

I'm also taking latin dance classes, with a bit of waltz and fox trot thrown in. (BTW, we can always use more guys in the class!!)

I bumped into the elder we both know who's on anti-depressants; he asked how things are going, and suddenly, know what I felt? Pity. I felt sorry for him. Maybe I really am moving on!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Ascot, my heart goes out to you. I know this can't be easy to go through.. Wishin there was more I could do..

Sassy

• acsot
    acsot

Sassy, thanks for the reply - that in itself helps!

• blondie
    blondie
    I'll be going to a book launch tonight downtown, my cousin invited me, plus I'm going to her place for supper on Friday, where I'll meet her (grown-up!) son and my other cousin whom I haven't seen in years and years!

Acsot, I'm so glad to hear your family is reaching out to you. Many of mine never became JWs after leaving home but are so burnt by the experience that I'm am still considered in the JW camp. I have not seen my cousins' children since they were very small.

Dancing sounds fun, sorry all I could add is my hubbie who has many fine qualities but is not a dancer.

Give your mom a kiss for us even if she is asleep.

(((hugs)) for you. Some day we'll be back up in that area and hopefully we can meet more from the Canadian "branch" of JWD.

Blondie and Irrev

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit