Visions..

by StinkyPantz 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

You have several vivid visions. In the visions a person/entity tells you that s/he is God. When this happens you are awake and you have not deliberately ingested any drugs. During these visions you feel clear headed and peaceful. This person/entity is not frightening.

1. Do you accept this vision as from God? If so, why?

2. Do you think you are having cerebral or chemical or emotional issues? If so, why?

Regardless of your answer.. could you be sure either way? Would you seek pyschological counseling just to make sure it's not a mental breakdown? Or seek spiritual counseling for help if it IS God?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'd quit holding my breath.

• dh
    dh

in my visions nobody tells me they are god, but if they did i would attack them.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Is it a rule that the first comment is a smartass one?

• kls
    kls

I would probably ignore it and think it is just my imagination.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

OK, I didn't read the original post carefully enough, so I'm starting my reply from scratch.

I tend to trust visions of Invisible People who obviously have their sh*t together. If the message is sensible and loving I tend not to care where it's from.

Whenever I meet a new spirit who wants to work with me I insist on certain ground rules: I am not a "servant of God" and not available for world-saving, prophesying or crucifixion.

A while ago, I read a book called Why God Won't Go Away: Brain Science and the Biology of Belief, by Andrew Newberg, Eugene G. d'Aquili and Vince Rause. They took nuclear medicine scans of meditating brains and all kinds of cool stuff. They also maintain that just because meditation and other religious/spiritual acts have effects on the physical brain ... that has no bearing on whether or not god is real.

There is a very reassuring section that compares mystical experiences with religious psychoses. Principal differences are: love vs. shame/terror, humility vs. grandiosity, and control vs. helplessness - that is, able to set aside time to court visions, rather than be dragged off to the pits of hell or wherever.

gently feral

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

NO. If it really was from God, He would know I would question such a phenomenon, therefore, He would have to make it so profound that there would be no doubt or assumptions - how He would do that, only God knows.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I would think that my subconscious was trying to tell me something and would go with that route. Going to a psychiatrist would only get you put on meds. As far as seeking spiritual counseling, what sort of counseling do you mean? This sort of experience is usually outside of the everyday religions. New agers might be better to talk to but some of them are so flakey that they make you want to run away--quickly.

I tend to agree with what Gently Feral said. Test the entity. See what it tells you about itself. If it starts telling you to do weird stuff, rebuke it. If what it says is in agreement with what your heart knows to be true, be friendly and wait and see. I wouldn't pledge allegiance to it though. Any spirit that would have you do so is to be considered suspect.

I believe in spirits and spirit guides. Some of them have good intent some not so good (to put it mildly).

I don't know if you are the one who has had the experience that you are speaking of or if you were just wondering aloud about possibilities. If this is happening to you, pm me. I would like to discuss what is going on with you.

Robyn

• gumby
    gumby

No.....I don't think god would be stupid enough to waste his time on me when there are billions of others he could appear to and help out. If he appeared to me......I'd ask him why the hell he never answered me all the times I needed answers from him and never got any.

Then I call him a procastinating bastard, and I'd run like a sumbitch!!!!!...............................................................................................................................

.............................................................still runnin.........

Gumby

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Do any of you think that certain people are more susceptible to spirit contact?

kls-

I would probably ignore it

I'm not speaking of a little annoyance. I'm talking about continual, vivid visions.

GF-

Whenever I meet a new spirit who wants to work with me I insist on certain ground rules: I am not a "servant of God" and not available for world-saving, prophesying or crucifixion.

Sorry, that made me laugh.. I like it.

DoubleE-

I tend to feel the same way.. but refuse to completely close my mind to the possibility.

Robyn-

I don't know if you are the one who has had the experience that you are speaking of or if you were just wondering aloud about possibilities. If this is happening to you, pm me. I would like to discuss what is going on with you.

Don't worry.. nothing that cool ever happens to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit