How long for pork?

by Stefanie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thanks..

Well at least i know how to change a car battery, spark plugs, flat tire, and alot of other car stuff...

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Just nuke the damn things.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Alrighty then.................

I walked right into those....lol

I guess its one of the symptoms of being raised by a single mom....

Thanks scully, and Nathan....

Winston!

Here! For Sevens sense of humor......

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

but what part of the oven is for broiling?

Is it that bottom part that looks like a drawer?

Hey, Stef, NEVER apologize for wanting to learn!

If you have an electric oven, the "broiler" is the heating element at the top of the oven. It might be that the thing that looks like a drawer is ONLY a drawer, for storing pots 'n stuff. If you have a gas oven, the broiler might be in the lower "drawer-like" section. Take a look - you wouldn't want to slide your pork chops into a storage drawer only to find them uncooked when you thought they were ready.

If you have an electric oven with a broiler element on the roof of the oven, you would put your porkchops in a roasting or baking pan on one of the upper rack positions in the oven - actually, you can use whatever rack position you want... closer to the element cooks faster, further from the element cooks much more evenly - (good for making garlic bread)...

When you select "BROIL" you get one temperature - about 500 degrees - so timing is important - or keep an eye on them.

• seven006
    seven006

We had nine kids in our family. We only saw hamburger on Saturday nights right before our five hour god damned marathon home watchtower study. I didn't know meat came in any other from then ground up with a slab of velveta melting on top of it until I was in my middle teens. I didn't know velveta was made out of plastic and wasn't real cheese until I got married the first time. Going out to dinner meant eating outside and trying to finish your dinner before the yellow jackets ate it right off your plate. Yellow jackets make for a very interesting spicy taste to velveat. It was kind of a poor witness little kids version of pepper jack cheese.

D

• simplesally
    simplesally

Stefanie, I like to brown my pork chops on both sides, pretty high heat, in a frying pan on the stove. Then I turn it to simmer (the lowest the burner can go) and pour in a can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup and put the top on the pan. I leave it like that for about an hour.

The chops are falling apart and its a nice sauce!!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Seriously, I grill them! Tastes fantstic and gets most of the grease out.

Wash those little buggers off, marinate them for 15 minutes from a store bought package. In the meantime, fire up the grill. In 15 minutes the coals will be ready, slap on the chops and you'll be done in ten minutes tops.

Ummmm..., I'm getting hungry

• simplesally
    simplesally
    4 bone in pork chops
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup (use generic!)
    water
    milk
    salt
    pepper
    garlic powder

1. Season chops well with salt, pepper,& garlic powder.
    2. Brown on both sides in a large dutch oven or saucepan.
    3. Remove pork chops to a paper towel lined plate and sop up any extra oil or fat with a wadded up paper towel.
    4. Dump in Cream of Mushroom and add 1 can water and 1 can milk.
    5. I usually whizz this up with my immersion blender until smooth.
    6. Add back the pork chops and simmer for about an hr.
    7. The longer they simmer, the more tender the chops will become.
    8. We eat this with mashed potatoes (the instant ones are fine) and green beans.
  • shamus
    shamus

SS's recipe is good too. I have them that way once in a while. If you want them fool-proof, that's the way to go. You just sear and cook in the mushroom soup. It tastes good, but all that grease (that makes it good) is in that mushroom soup.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    If you have an electric oven with a broiler element on the roof of the oven, you would put your porkchops in a roasting or baking pan on one of the upper rack positions in the oven - actually, you can use whatever rack position you want... closer to the element cooks faster, further from the element cooks much more evenly - (good for making garlic bread)...

Okay thats where mine is at thanks..

LMFAO@ 7

Sounds good Sally, except i dont have the soup and i cant leave I am waiting for my heathens to come home..

Its a good idea for next time though..

Many thanks..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit