i have a new god! it is my digital cable

by doogie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie

man, my digital cable is unbelievable and i firmly believe that my cable box has divine power.

i have hbo and with the miraculous power of the digital cable you also get "hbo on demand" which is like a vcr in your cable box. you can play/rewind/fast forward any movie or show hbo is currently showing that month whenever you want.

how did i go so long without it? it is like water in a dry land. or maybe its like a land flowing with milk and honey. i got it this weekend and i'm thinking seriously about giving up the whole 'sleep' thing. every night it keeps me awake like an angel gently propping my eyelids open. god, i'm tired...but, must...keep...watching...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sleep? food? Why the hell would you want those???

I'm with you on this man! I just got my HD DVR box hooked up. I now have a new hobby!

• Margie
    Margie

You are preaching to the choir, doogie. When all of the on demand services came to my area, I was thinking I might quit my job just so I could take full advantage of on demand. In fact, I called in sick the day after I got it and stayed home watching on demand all day! Unfortunately, when I bought my (first!!) house in May and tried to get cable hooked up, I realized that Comcast is like the WTB&TS with the conditional love. I had a very bad experience that eventually drove me into the arms of the world (a/k/a Direct TV). It's been an adjustment. Sure, sometimes I miss the love I thought Comcast had for me, but then I remember the dark side of that love -- the ever-increasing prices, the unkept cable appointments, the poor customer service -- and I rejoice that I now have Direct TV and TiVo.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Video on demand is very cool. Unfortunately (at least in our area) it seems to be limited to only a few channels. Until every channel gets video on demand, TiVo is the next best thing. TiVo (and DVRs in general) have revolutionized TV watching!

• doogie
    doogie
    Unfortunately (at least in our area) it seems to be limited to only a few channels.

yeah, here too. that's why you need to get one of the premium channels. then you get all of their on demand stuff too. now i can watch da ali g show at any time day or night. what a great time to be alive...

• Ratboy
    Ratboy

*singing*

Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy

I don't know how to live, but I got a lot of toys

My daddy's a lazy middle class intelectual

My mommy's on valium, torn, and affectual...

• doogie
    doogie
    Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy

you got it.

mmm...valium...(gurgle)...

• undercover
    undercover

Yes, digital cable is a mighty god.

But Almighty God is digital cable with HDTV. I increased my worship time by getting a 50" plasma widescreen TV.

• doogie
    doogie
    I increased my worship time by getting a 50" plasma widescreen TV.

behold...the Messiah.

i'd worship at your church any day of the week.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

We've had digital cable for over a year now, and as soon as I have a chance to unhook the box, I'm going to drop it off at the cable company and go back to regular service. We never - with extremely rare exceptions - watch cable TV. Every time we sit down in front of the TV, it's to watch a video or DVD. We subscribe to Netflix, so we have a running supply of movies on DVD to watch. On a very rare occasion, we will watch a particular special or an awards show or something like that on cable, and I'm talking maybe once or twice a year. Even when we do, it's usually on one of the basic stations, not on a premium channel. The only thing I was watching on premium cable was the new episodes of The Sopranos, but more new episodes are a couple of years away. With the money I save on cable bills between now and then, I could easily buy several sets of the DVD's and watch them on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit