And You Will Know That I Am Jehovah!

by JH 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    Their version of hell sounds pretty good to me. Why don't you like it?

myelaine: I wasn't actually discussing my beliefs about hell - I was just being funny/cynical. As if to say that since they are wrong about so many things - and we know how God feels about false prophets - then they should hope that they are also not wrong about what happens after death.

Their version does sound good. That doesn't mean it's real. Reincarnation sounds good too. I guess anything would sound better than fiery hell.

(btw - I don't believe in eternal torture after death - not even for JW's)

• Terry
    Terry

Logical dilemma.

If Armageddon came and somebody had never heard about Jehovah and all his "truth"--that person would not be destroyed.

But, if that same person encountered the "messege" at the door and turned away, theoretically, they would die since they've been "marked".

Question:

In what possible way is it advantageous to anybody to listen to such an inherently deadly messege? Would not ignorance deliver the person more oportunistically?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The fear and inspiring day of Jehooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovah

• Joker10
    Joker10

The nations will know him when Armageddon stirkes. You forgot that.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

So will Jehovah's Witnesses.

Careful for what you wish for Joker, you might just get it.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

So it's like Jehovah is demanding deference and smiting all the punk ass humans that don't kiss up? If that was the case fear would be a good motivator, but that has more to do with saving your own ass than love for God or fellowman doesn't it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gopher

Yes, jehoover and his plagues on the world during the 20's has been the subject of heated debate among students of history, politicos, even economists. I'm sure that every night they lie awake wondering when the 'glorious day of jehovah' might strike, any day now. I read that gw bush has a terrific problem w this. It must be the reason for his obcession w cheesuz. Like he thinks he can save him from jehoover!?

Talk radio has to deal w the panic of people who are afraid of jehoover, yet refuse to humbly submit. Psychiatric associations have been studying this phenomanon for yrs. They are still searching for a safe tranquiliser that will remove the fear of the day of jehoover, allowing people to live normally for their few remaining yrs.

S

• Valis
  • Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

Terry -

You raise an interesting point. If ignornace saves souls then the Jerkhovah's Wintesess need to stop preaching.

It reminds me of something blasphemous I often say about abortion when someone close to me thinks I need to hear "Jesus' point of view" on the subject. Orthadox Chrisitianity teaches that when a child is aborted he/she goes directly to heaven. So if that were true, why do the churches oppose abortion? Wouldn't it be better if we aborted EVERYONE and then no one would have to face judgement day because they would have bi-passed Adam's sinful inheritance from the get-go.

I'm being facetious of course, just in case anyone doesn't unsterstand tongue-in-cheek.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit