A farewell to Barney (onacruse)

by seven006 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

OK..I'm gonna throw my two cents in and seven the hot chick can bite me and Gumbucolic can stew in his own urea...

The world of onanism as he is used to has long since past. People do and will continue to incorporate the Internet as a part of thier lives. Craig has done so to more of an extreme meme than some, but nevertheless a good example. In my life I have incorporated the Internet, discussion boards, work, email, friendship, naughtiness, adventure, and on and on into my life. All of which I wouldn't change or try to revert to a prior state even if I could. Even troglodytes are a product of thier environs...The hard part comes when scenarios don't fit old values into new wine skins. It is hard to deal with all the time for anyone. Which I suspect more to be Craig's case than anything. Also, one doesn't leave a group of friends and simply call it "moving on", unless of course those friends are causing you more harm than good. I hope that isn't what is happening. Growth, as one might describe it in a broad sense is hard stuff even for the old bastards among us. I hope onanism just needs a break and to try and work around just one of the thousands of scenarios that one might encounter here and in RL, or whichever is which...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby
    The hard part comes when scenarios don't fit old values into new wine skins

Do you think there will be really any new "wine skins" in his life?

Old wine skins never seem to de-toxify in our brains......hence......JWD ,..or the sorts.

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbeguiled I may have got my parables mixed up...but you stated quite plainly why you hang around and how it can work to some extent. Get people together and the first thing you will have is problems...I think we know how to deal with the old ones welll enough...dissection of stupid ass litterature and hateful translation, bad policy by the JWs, sorrowfull tales of people's broken lives...all that we can deal with, but as you pointed out there is more than that. There is just friends and how you keep them which keeps happening.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Growth, as one might describe it in a broad sense is hard stuff even for the old bastards among us.

True.

there is more than that. There is just friends and how you keep them which keeps happening.

Well said.

• minimus
    minimus

Dave, will you do my obituary???

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dave:Thought provoking post, ya apostofest avoiding luddite!

HS:

I am one of I think only three people in the continent of North America who avoided getting a phone call from Craig. Mind you, as you noted he is a very enthusiastic person and it took three number changes to finally lose him.

I tried that, but like a good Mountie he eventually got his man, and I'm not even on the same continent

Gumby:
    B*st*rd!!!
    LOL

Valis:Yegads, a lucid moment!!

Craig:Do that Terminator thang, ya know you want to.
    Go on, just for us:
    "I'll be back!"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    (once in a great while, I do come off as sarcastic, it's an illness)

Really? I never noticed.

Craig is a really good guy who has taken an unfair beating. I think he'll be back, we all need a break once in a while. Nothing wrong with that. He and Kate are two people I want to keep as friends long after I've shuffled off this board.

Hang in there Craig.

Chris

• codeblue
    codeblue

Seven006: What a great write up on Craig and Kate!

Craig and Kate:

Please enjoy your well deserved rest. Thank you both for your help as mods on this board.

I also want to thank all the "mods" for their help and of course Simon who has provided us with a means for "healing"...

hugs,

Codeblue

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Dave, will you do my obituary???

Min, after last weekend, we were ALL prepared to do your obituary . . . .

I hope we haven't lost Craig permanently and that he will pay us lunatics a visit every once in a while, if only to gloat over his own sanity.

Nina

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I just wanted to see if Katie is reading this, if she would please pass on to Craig how much he means to me. He was a constant in chat when I first came here and was making the break from JW's. He was always funny, willing to share his own pain about leaving the borg, supportive and you could always count on him to be there for ya.

I miss those times we had in chat,,,,,,,and Craig is alot of the reason I still go in chat today. I often feel it is important to be there for newbies , others who need someone so very much as they are going thru life alone after leaving the borg. So, Craig, I will miss you while you are away,,,,and I totally understand we all need a break from time to time,, but I really hope you come back, because you are such a great guy, and you have a great gal.......hugs to Katie and Craig.............take care of yourselves,,,,,,,,love ya'll, Dede

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit