Divorce rate of JW's less than the rest of the "world"??

by Samdownunder 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Samdownunder
    Samdownunder

Throughout my teen years when my doubt was high and my hesitancy to commit was even higher, my father always told me that no life in the world could ever compare to life in the "truth". He said the peace and joy JW's experience in their lives is better than anything I could find out there in "Satans world". He also constantly threw out the statistic( as he is a bullshit artist) that witness marriages have less than a 5% divorce rate, as compared to 50% outside the "truth". He attributed this to their equal yoking and constant strengthening from Jehovah for being his people and because they upheld bible principles so well and hence had very few problems. Ive been out for many years now, but not because I knew all of the things Ive learned here but rather because I never felt good enough to be one of God's "chosen"people. Don't worry I no longer feel that way, but now can see all the relationships Ive ruined with great men in my life because of that thought from my father. I was just wondering if any of you know the divorce rate, or can tell me from personal experience about divorce occurence in your hall,your own divorce, or how wonderful your marriages were or weren't. Also if you were married to a non-dub and then to a dub, what were the differences in the health of your relationship?

• minimus
    minimus

i think it's less amongst jws because you can't unless it's "scriptural".

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

It was 5% when then 7%.. it has increased but nobody has found the new statistic. Also remember many people leave JWs due to their divorce so a more accurate stat would be the divorce rate of JWs and former JWs.

• Joker10
    Joker10

The 5% figure is correct.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    i think it's less amongst jws because you can't unless it's "scriptural".

And even then there is pressure to forgive.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

divorce rate doesn't matter, I wonder how many STAY together because they feel they HAVE to ????????????

• barry
    barry

joker 10 youre nuts if you think its 5%

• jaredg
    jaredg

they divorce rate is lower but the number of people in a an unhappy marriage is higher

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I wouldn't doubt that it's 5%, but they have no choice but to stay unhappily married. Some have been married to abusive partners, but they can't get divorced because it's not "scriptural". I guarantee that there would be more divorce if the WTS didn't get involved.

If you want something that's worse in the JW religion than Satan's world, then look at suicide rates. I'll bet that they're higher in the JW religion.

• metatron
    metatron

No, the 5% figure is silly.

How does anyone count this? Let me guess: you disfellowship most anyone who gets a divorce, thus ( poof!)

they aren't Witnesses, so the 'divorce amoung Witnesses' figure is low.

I understand that divorce is also rare amoung dead or comatose people as well.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit