The Scarlet letter Part 3

by jst2laws 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Big Tex,

Steve what I've always admired about you is your ability to turn a negative into a positive. When your recorder started beeping, you found a way (I probably would have froze). When you were DF'd, you found a way.

What a nice thought. I wish I thought as much of my approach to life as you do. Actually it is more how I look at what has happened to me now. I was not always so positive about my life reality while it was happening. I think all of us hate being shit on and react with disgust and horror in our hearts. The difference may be how quickly we can accept, in our hearts, that "shit happens".

As to my disfellowshipping I think I took that fairly well because I knew, loved and understood the three men of the JC doing their job. But my experience is rare. There were some elders on the body who would have enjoyed judging and tormenting me. And then they would have turned it around in the congregation as if I had 'beat the servants'. This is probably more typical of the what many here have experience in their own disfellowshipping.

I'm getting ready to post the final of the series this moment.

Jst2laws

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Farkel: Obviously "Jehovah" wasn't with them. Otherwise, had "Jehovah" been in charge, they would have asked if you had a "recording device."

Okay, so you apparently expect divine guidance on every occasion for anyone God is with. Interesting take. The logical progression from that viewpoint would lead one to believe that God is not with anyone for whom things do not proceed perfectly in the short term.

From this logical progression, we arrive at - God is not with anyone. Anything anyone does that has short term positive outcomes is their own doing and they will die anyway. Likewise, anything anyone does that has short term negative outcomes was their own doing and they will die anyway. My, that's quite a hopeful pair of specs you're sporting! Where can I buy a pair?

Mostly teasing,
    Thorn In The Flesh

• Swan
    Swan
    Has it occurred to anyone else that this WT Organization is becoming a paranoid, schizophrenic institution. A cult that cannot operate in secrecy is a movement with a limited life span.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

As their shadow of secrecy slowy dissolves, more and more people are getting wise to that humbug WT Organization everyday.

Tammy

• Balsam
    Balsam

Oh my gosh I nearly feel out of my chair laughing. I could see it you wrestling with the recorder trying to turn it off hitting the wrong buttons and hitting play. Then blaming it on your cell phone. OMG that was too funny. They are unimportant small people who imagine they are big. I never realized that until I was out. We all have the support and help of ones just like us, all is good.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit