Tell me all your thoughts on God

by micheal 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

michael, in addition to the many thoughtful posts above, if I may add a somewhat enigmatic feeling of my own:

You define God in your own heart, as It intended you to do. Finding the peace within yourself to recognize that your life is just exactly what it must be at this moment, and yet still to struggle with this moment, towards the next moment, growing and learning...that's the essence of our being, the dynamic of life.

Sometimes I visualize the Prime Cause (my preferred term) as sitting there in It's other dimension, laughing to Itself and saying: "Jesus Christ, why do these creatures of mine torture themselves so? Don't they realize that this will all work itself out?"

I'm not by any means intending to be insensitive to the daily sufferings of virtually every human on this planet...a quandry that still challenges me, and for which I don't pretend to have an adequate answer, except for what I've just said.

It isn't the answer that matters; it's the quest for the answer.

Craig

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The concept of "God" belongs to a limited area of mankind.

As far as we can know, before the 6th century BC there was no "God" whatsoever. Only "gods", which is quite different. Yet there was religion, prayer, meditation, spirituality of all kinds. And this went on for a large part of mankind, outside the monotheistic area.

Now many in the historical monotheistic area have outgrown "God", but not the basic need to understand oneself, to put one's existence, identity, life and death in perspective. Only the concept of "God" doesn't work anymore for them.

We have to find our way, which will necessarily be related to "God" and to "the gods" but different.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Which god would you like thoughts on?

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Tell me all your thoughts on God

No. Find your own thoughts.

S

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Tell me all your thoughts on God

He's mute, and there is no credible evidence to prove otherwise.

Farkel

• micheal
    micheal

You have no idea how much I appreciate your input and comments. I just can't help this powerful desire, this thristing to know what is out there. Why I am here? Where am I going?

I need to know for sure, I need to know without any doubts, or else happiness will never exist in my life.

Unfortunatley, I feel, at this time anyway, happiness, true happiness and contentment will never find me. Though I hope and search and pray that it will, someday.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments.

• onacruse
    onacruse

michael:

I just can't help this powerful desire, this thristing to know what is out there. Why I am here? Where am I going?

Ah, yes, the eternal question; or, shall I say, the quest for eternity?

I need to know for sure, I need to know without any doubts, or else happiness will never exist in my life.

Not true. You will never absolutely know the answer to anything! The challenge is to accept yourself for what you are, and what you know, at this moment.

Unfortunatley, I feel, at this time anyway, happiness, true happiness and contentment will never find me. Though I hope and search and pray that it will, someday.

You will find it, if you let it find you. Sometimes life is just that simple.

Craig

• simplesally
    simplesally

Michael..........I wish I knew the answer. I want to believe in God because I don't want to die. That does not make him exist. I have a hard time believing that life just ends, that I will never ever see my daughter be 60 years old and help her thru that stage of life, that I will never ever see my grandmother again. On and on, the things I will never do or see. But I believe that when you are dead you are dead. I just have no real faith anymore.,,,,,,,,,,,

• El blanko
    El blanko

I think God must be a great artist (after viewing Simple Sallys avatar ).

I'm close to JT's definition myself. The only time I have felt close to the creative energy that drives this universe is away from man-made constructs, that includes organized religion which gets in the way and it has to be said in my own case, away from Christ as a concept, as that drags me back mentally towards the dreaded WTBTS experience.

The highest state according to the teachings within Kabbalah is no-thing. To certain eastern mystics everything divides in upon itself and eventually you meet the great universal spirit, again, a state of no-thingness.

I have always viewed creation as being suspended within God's mind. I close my mind and visualize a dark expanse, then I summon forth a white sphere in the centre of the expanse. To me, at that moment I become God and the sphere becomes creation.

Nutter that I am

• El blanko
    El blanko

Oh yes - I watched the Seventh Seal last night which prompted me to read through this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit