New info on Rock Hill, SC JW Child Abuse/Murder/Suicide** GRAPHIC WARNING**

by SWALKER 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Joker10
    Joker10

Who does Bill Bowen think he's kidding. Silentlambs supposedly is to help child sexual abuse victims. He is AFTER the religion.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The same thing happened in Oregon. The Baptist church stepped in and held a memorial - the JWs tried to distance themselves.

As they so often say, "by their fruits you shall know them". There seems to be an endless torrent of public embarassments for the Society lately.

• waiting
    waiting

This is such an interesting statement:

"We're still very much grieving the loss of those kids down there," said J.R. Brown, a spokesman at the church's Brooklyn, N.Y., public information office. "We have no policy that instructs our elders or congregants that cases of child sexual abuse are not to be reported. Our policy states just the opposite."

"Down there" - spoken by a northerner about a southerner can be taken as a neutral statement - or as a slightly contemptuous statement...ie: inbred southern redneck.

"loss of those kids." Weren't we the parents who were taught strenuously in the 70's/80's by the WTBTS that our children were NOT the products of goats....kids......but gifts of children from Jehovah - and we should never negatively refer to our children as "kids....ie: animals.

"loss of those kids." Not even naming them - even as the "Meza children."

And until PROVEN otherwise.......why wouldn't a memorial service be performed for ALL the family? Afterall......isn't that the stance they take with child molesters? Until PROVEN.....they are to remain in "good standing" and secret to all in the "congregants?" Even though the man was publicly reproved.......aren't they treating him as a df'd person? Guessing the mother just doesn't count....says a lot on how the WTBTS really feels about women.

The WTBTS lawyers and lously public relations department is disfellowshipping that whole family in front of their God, the media, and hopefully the governmental department who investigates dangerous cults.

Thankfully, Silentlambs, SNAP, and Linkup, along with the Pentacostal Church are literally helping the surviving family......not just giving them useless books.

waiting

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Joker:

Sure he's *after* the religion -- otherwise, what would be the point of SilentLambs? As soon as they change their abuse policies, the taut line will be slackened. You fail to mention the other two groups. They are *also* after religion -- to do the right, ethical thing and make policies that PREVENT child abuse, and PROTECT children. These religions need to get a clue, and Bill's one of the ones that is out to hand them that clue.

Country Girl

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Who does Bill Bowen think he's kidding.

Bill Bowen isn't kidding anyone, nor is he trying to.

**Silentlambs supposedly is to help child sexual abuse victims.

Not "supposedly"----he has and he is.

**He is AFTER the religion.

And who better to expose the WTS self-preserving policies! Having been an Elder for so many years, he knows all the "ins and outs" of the Org better than you would.

Then again, maybe you are satisfied with all the pedophiles being allowed to be let loose in the Kingdom Halls of the world, as long as your religion is protected, right?

Annie

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Annie You Tell 'Em!

WTS impression to the press is nothing but CYA. Wait for the spin when its revealed who first reported the abuse.

• Xandria
    Xandria

SWalker:

I have been off line since June 13th, due to my power supply dying on me and just recently got back online.

I live in Charlotte, NC which is a hop, skip and a jump away from Rock Hill. I read about the case here, but the Charlotte Observer (or Disturber as I call it) did not report the religious part of this case. I was deeply sadden to hear that these children were robbed of thier lives and innocence (in more ways than one.) I am now doubly p'od that no one reached out and helped them.

I keep thinking there had to be signs. Please fill me in on the details and if you need another body there at the vigil let me know, I have contacts here in Charlotte for media.. believe me. They know me from another fight we are involved with, I think they would be interested in knowing some of this. I know Tara did a piece on the Catholic abuses (she is Catholic) and would find the connection of silence interesting.

You can email me: [email protected] ( It is also on my profile.)

X.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Thanks for all the input! I have picked up some additional info that I thought should be posted.

First, let me say in answer to Joker: Bill Bowen is taking off 4 days from his secular work (no pay) to come to Rock Hill and hold this candlelight vigil. I don't see any other elders across the country willing to step down from their "Elder" positions and put themselves out there like he is doing for these abuse victims. His only gain is a "good conscience" knowing he is doing the right thing in trying to get changes made within the JW's, and in doing so, is helping victims, no matter what religion or background they come from. So maybe you would like to donate to him for his loss of time, especially in view of the comment you made!

Secondly, only 1 couple (Spanish Hall) showed up for the service. When first contacted the local KH said they would pay for the funeral. All of a sudden, no one could contact them. When the paper reached the PO he said "No Comment". 5 members of your congregation die in the worse Child Abuse/Murder/Suicide ever recorded in York County, and you have NO COMMENT!!!!!!? Then you treat them like you never knew them, even though they had been ACTIVE members and up until May (?) held the congregation Book Study in their home?

The English teacher did the eulogy!!! I know that people wanted this to be performed a minister and wanted and needed some comfort from the scriptures! They got none. And what would have happened if no one had come forward? Would their bodies have just been tossed in the ditch? They would have been laid to rest with not one word said. Even if no one wanted to say anything for the father, THE REST OF THE FAMILY WERE VICTIMS! Those children deserved better than this from the local KH. Everyone at the school knew that Denia was a JW...think how hard that is in itself. But according to her classmates they say she was very well liked. They are having a hard time dealing with this.

Third, I find it strange that the local KH could make arrangements for the father to stay with a Witness family in the Charlotte, N.C. area when he was banned from his home by DSS, but then couldn't help with the funeral arrangements. (He was probably sent there, and told to just read his Bible and go to meetings.) I don't know if he was receiving professional counseling or not...but apparently it wasn't enough. From all that I have read, most professionals agree that it is very difficult to reform a child molester, if not impossible. This case proves that point yet again.

I don't have all the organizations together yet, but I do know that the following groups basically paid for the funeral:

Red Cross, Victim's Abuse, Greene's Funeral Home, Pentecostal Church, Moonlight and Magnolia's (provided the casket spreads)...and there are a few others that aren't published yet. This doesn't even mention all the time spent by locals to make these arrangements, and this was all done by Volunteers! NOT one penny from the JW's. There is still a need for a few more funeral expenses to be paid. Silentlambs is raising money for this, and for a Memorial to be set up in the children's names. What is left will be donated to local child abuse organizations.

Any one who would care to donate can do so through Silentlambs and indicate what it is for. Anyone in the Charlotte, Rock Hill area who may know other details on the inside are encouraged to come forward. They can do so anonymously, through Dan Huntley at the Charlotte Observer. Other contact numbers are given in the local papers.

We encourage all to support and attend if possible. If not, then please pause for a moment and remember the wife and children on September 9.

Sincerely,

Swalker

• blondie
    blondie

SWalker, thanks for the information and well-stated points.

Blondie

• Farkel
    Farkel

This quote screams at the top of its lungs what kind of a religion Watchtowerism really is:

: Church officials refused to publicly comment about the family, ...

Not a word. Nothing about how sorry they were for that tragedy. Is as if the Mezas never existed as humans and Jehovah's Witnesses. That "spiritual paradise" IMAGE the WTS tries to hard to represent is shown by their own conduct in such a tragedy to be the lie and racket and sham that it is.

: and another church stepped forward to help raise money to pay for the funeral and transportation expenses for family members from Nicaragua.

Not a dime from the WTS OR their own congregation. Only people from "Satan's Empire" stepped forward to pay for the funeral and to help relatives attend it.

I'm going to throw up, deeply ashamed that I was ever part of that evil religious printing corporation.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit