MS WILDFIRE NEEDS SOME LOVE AND CONCERN ,,,,,,,PLEASE

by wildfire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• wildfire
    wildfire

thank you all for your loving and heartfelt wishs, i really do appreciate your concern.... i am alittle tipsy right now ...but my heart is in the right place ......we all have horror stories from the CULT, i WRITE POETRY SO IWILL PUT ONE HERE FOR YOU MY FRIENDS ,, I THINKYOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE MEANING

THE LESS BROKEN NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THE MORE BROKEN

BUT WHERE DO WE FIT IN???

A LOOK, A SIGH, A CHANCE TO BEGIN

TO SEE THE PAIN INSIDE

TO CARE WITHOUT COMMITTMENT,, TO COMMITT WITHOUT A CARE

DARE WE SAY WE WILL BE THERE, TO CALM OUR BROTHERS FEARS

DON'T LOOK AT ME , FOR YOU WILL SEE

THE MASK I WEAR IS REAL

BUT JUST REMEMBER FOR ALL ITS WORTH

THE BROKEN NEED TIME TO HEAL......

• onacruse
    onacruse

((wildfire))

I tried to call you, but your number has been re-assigned.

"Hi, this is Craig."

"Who??? You have a wrong number."

LOLOL

If you like, p/m me with your new number.

Bests to you,

Craig

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

((wf))

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

WildFire,,,,,,,,,I can feel your pain and anger( very justified anger) in your tearful post. I have used this board as a was to get my feelings out and you are right it is a form a therapy. I am sure you have heard my story many times about my mother. It is very similar to your son's in the way the LOVING Brotherhood ( <- - - ) dealt with her .

For so many years she battled a prescription drug problem, many physical problems that were painful, horrible migraines, female troubles, you name it , so it was hard for her to not take pain meds especially for the migraines. I have migraines , as does my oldest son, and I have never seen anyone suffer with migraines as horrible as my mother's migraines were,,,,,,each one was a three day ordeal, going to the ER and sometimes being admitted because of the vomiting/ dehydration. And she had them very frequently.

Anyway,,,,,,,,after she was in the rehab the last time,,,,,,,she started smoking and got a disfellowshipping letter in the mail. Not one elder went to see her while in rehab,,,,,,,,no calls, no one went to find her in her new apartment. And this woman was the first one to send anyone in the congregation a card and most of the times flowers if someone was sick. My dad was an elder and my mother was always the best hostest to the other elders who came to our house frequently to talk with dad.

I just can't get over the lack of love they showed to my mother, who was so depressed so many times all those years, and they never took that into consideration before giving the axe. Just imagine how sad her case was.......she had been addicted to pain pills, she really fought many years to get off of them, she was successful sometimes only to fall back to them . When you go thru any rehab program you are not supposed to take any kind of prescription pain pills , even with her severe migraines, for fear of the one pill getting you hooked again.

She suffered depression, drug addiction, my father ( horrible man/Elder) , my father cheating on her while she was in rehab, being d/f for smoking in rehab . Just about anyone reading what she went thru would think it was cruel to punish someone so harsly with all of that on her plate. You would think they would have tried talking to her, giving her time to stop smoking. But they never gave her even that one little thing.

I will forever blame them for at least a great part of her overall downfall.

You are so right Wildfire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the WT is one of the most dangerous types of cults , and needs to go down, for all of their cruelty and bloodguilt.

Hugsssssssss Wildfire and Family......especially your dear son,,,,,sending hugs to you Hon,,,,,,love ya , Dede

• Netty
    Netty

I felt every bit of rage you are going through as I read your post. Poor (((wildfire)))) How horrible for a mama, to go through what you are going through, seeing your son suffer. I am sorry wildfire. Yes, write, it is great therapy, and we are here to read, and support you. Please try to hang in there, and I wish you all the best.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ms. Wildfire, my boy is schizophrenic too. I understand the raging grief as I watch a healthy young man descend in to madness. Unfortunately, our society (not just the WTBTS) is not set up to deal with the mentally ill. My son was taken for over $10,000 by some crackhead friends. Because of his world-dominating confidence, he thought he could control the situation. Instead, he has no reserve fund to take him through his rough spots.

Fast forward a couple months, his wallet and ID are either stolen or lost, he is kicked out of his apartment, and he spends a night on the streets. He gets beat up by transit security. He walks to his bank in a mall, inquires at information when his bank will open, and has a little meditative time in front of the closed bank. He must look odd and behave even odder, but in his own mind all his actions make sense. The police are called. They don't ask him why he is there. To them, he looks like any other strung-out punk. They demand his ID. He asks why. Things get rough, so he also gets charged with resisting arrest. The police are visibly disappointed when they don't find any drug pariphernalia on his person. He spends the day in jail.

When I finally catch up with the day's events, I say, "Well, at least you were warm today." By the way, it looks like in the end all charges will be dropped.

The mentally ill are vulnerable to the "takers" in our society, which include the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. I allow my son freedom of choice, even if it means he is robbed by people on the street. The alternative is to contain him against his will, and somehow, I think that would destroy something free and wild in him that makes him wholly my boy. I may have to change my mind as he gets sicker, but for now, my boy has freedom. Wild, unrestrained, dangerous freedom.

I don't freak out in front of my son. I keep my comments mild and encouraging always. I want to be a secure anchor in his shaky world.

• wildfire
    wildfire

DEDE,,, MY SWEET ONE ,, SINCE I MET YOU,, I FEEL LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN YOU...YOUR STORY JUST BREAKS MY HEARTIN MY HEART YOU WILL BE WHAT KEEPS ME FROM TAKING MY OWN LIFE THO I HAVE TRIED THAT ROAD ....I FOUND A SONG BY A NATIVE AMERICAN SINGER NAMED BILL MILLER HIS CD CALLED SPIRIT RAIN IS JUST THE BEST EVER ,,,,,, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT ,, YOU WILL APPRECIATE HIS SIMPLE TRUTH IN HIS SONGS SO MANY OF US HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT. LET ME WRITE THE LYRICS OF A SONG NAMED ""LOVE SUSTAINED"

DID YOU LEAVE BEHIND THE TANGLED MESS,

HIDE THE LIES YOU WONT CONFESS

LEAVE BEHIND THE DREAMS

THAT DIDNT COME TRUE.

DID YOU COVER UP YOUR BATTLE SCARS???

ARE YOU BACK AT HOME, HAVE YOU GONE TOOO FAR

ARE YOU AT THE EDGE, OR HAVE YOU FALLEN OFF

I'M NOT COMPLAINING, OF THIS LIFE THAT I HAVE KNOWN

IT HAS LED ME DOWN SOME LONG ,, DARK ROADS

BUT IM STILL SUSTAINING, THE LOVE THAT YOU SHOWED ME,

SO MANY YEARS AGO

YES ,,I WAS A FRIGHTENED SOUL,,,WHEN THE MADNESS CAME AND TOOK CONTROL

SOMEHOW WE SURVIVED, WE MADE IT THROUGH

SO MANY THINGS I CANT EXPLAIN

SO WASH ME IN THE DESERT RAIN, HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

THE WAY YOU USED TO DO..............

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((wildfire)))

my heart goes out to you........I am so sorry for the pain you are experiencing.....

many hugs to you now,

Codeblue

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

((((((((Wildfire)))))) what beautiful lyrics, I feel like that is how I feel when reflecting things sometimes. I just want you to know that our friendship means so much to me,,,,,,I know I should keep in touch with you more and I am sorry I have not done that. It seems that here lately, I have been a little closed off , as I sometimes get when things get a little stressful. When I do cut myself off from people,,,,,,,,of course not on purpose, I just sometimes stop doing the things I love,,,,,,,when this happens , it only makes things worse, ya know? I am slowly coming out of a fog and if one thing the Bible ever said that was true is......"there is more happiness in giving , than in receiving", and I know I am happier when I give my time, myself , my friendship to others, because it is always something that ends up with someone giving back to you, even thou that is not you motive in reaching out,,,,it is just the natural way of things.

It is funny you quote native american lyrics, as I am reading a book called,,,,,,,," The Wisdom of the Native Americans" it has the writings of Chief Red Jacket, Chief Joseph and Chief Seattle. Reading it has made more sense to me than any religious material I have ever read. I have always been drawn to the Native American views of things , because my father's people are Caddo Adais Indians,,,,,all from around the Natchitoches, Louisiana area. My grandparents had many of the same principals, beliefs and spiritual viewpoints.

Just reading some of the things in this book , just like the lyrics you quotes make me feel so reflected , on things that really matter. I really love the basic, pure and simple points of view that the Native Americans still base their lives upon now.

Wildfire , I know things are so stressful for you,,,,,,, it is so hard to love someone so much , watching that person suffer thru mental illness. There are so many moments of feeling so helpless. Just do what you can for you son,,,,,and know that he will know you love him. I know that when things get really bad, sometimes our main concern is just for them to be feed, safe , warm and alive. I can just feel your heart pain and I wish there was something more I could do.

Since I can't come and get you and take you to lunch,,,,,,, let's pretend we are at that wonderful little Diner in Dallas,,,,,,,,admiring the Marilyn Monroe posters and coca cola tables that are out front......... Ya know,,,,,, I sure they would have fit in the back of my truck....!!!

Much love and hugs..................your friend , Dede

• bem
    bem

(((((Wildfire))))) (((((Dede))))) (((((jgnat))))) ((((the rest of you)))) ((((group hug as we cry together)))) My heart goes out to you.

I'm glad that you have a safe place with safe people to express your self and know that there are folks that have similar problems but may handle them differently.Gives us balance when offered with love and understanding. knowing also that trust is an earned thing.

I feel fortunate to have my children near and safe.out of the wts.They all three and my son-n-law have migrains.( I rarely have a head ache) It always seemed like they had them worse at assemblies and conventions the lights always affected them,but they never tried to stay at motels/hotels. Never kept them away or anything..Just now I wonder if the environment makes them worse.Not just the assemblies and that stress but the entire farce. They were willing to go even when they were having sick head aches makes me feel sad for that...

I do know depression.So mental illness would be difficult to deal with as you watch a loved one try to please an un-loving congregation that has no clue to what empathy is none less sympathy. And only knows about conditional love.

BEM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit