Wt mag 2/15/03pg10- United Nations-paid for/provided baptismal wading pool

by sf 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oneofmany
    oneofmany

Brenda, then why did they put a picture of it in the Watchtower magazine.

They are the ones who chose to put the picture in there. No one made them do so. Also Governing Body members themselves get to review the magazine before it gets published.

Anytime they find anything they don't like in one they can and do toss it out before it is published and distributed.

I doubt they totally severed their unofficial ties to the UN even after they had to officially do because they had been caught at it. This helps show it.

They also work with the Mormons on legal cases, filing Friend of Court briefs on their behalf. They meet and vote on Watchtower business every week but if a regular JW wishes to vote on something, they are harrassed, expelled or disfellowshipped.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I still think the people in the refugee camp just did what they did to do what they do, without too much thought to the side of the tarp that was up.

However, I've thought a bit more about this and you're right. The WTS could have edited the pix to get rid of the logo before publishing it. They didn't. I feel the WTS is the "culprit" here, not those in the field.

I still feel the tarp was commandeered for the baptismal pool, not given specifically for that purpose by the UN. With limited supplies in a survival situation, you do what you can do. They SHOULD have turned the tarp over. No $$$ scam involved. Just WTS B.S.

Hugs

Bren

• sf
    sf

~resurrected for the lurkers and seekers~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit